DARE TO STEP OUT OF YOUR STYLE COMFORT ZONE…

floral crop top You hear people say, “step out of your comfort zone” all the time, but what does it actually mean to step out of one’s comfort zone? And is it actually beneficial? Well lets dive into it. Simply put, it is doing something you don’t feel comfortable with. Something out of the ordinary for you. Personally speaking, I think being in one’s comfort zone isn’t necessarily a bad thing, because that is the person’s safety net. Having said that I also believe stepping out enhances growth and can be fun.

Now lets chat about stepping out of your style comfort zone. Is there something you will never or don’t feel comfortable wearing? I know mine have always been shorts, mini skirts, crop tops and basically anything that shows too much skin. Being a curvy woman means I’m very conscious of my body and many at times my insecurities get the best of me. I will rule things out with one glance before even trying them on.

I took my chances with this floral top I bought from Shein years ago and loved it. Having said that, thank God for high-waisted jeans because without that I wouldn’t have tried a damn crop top to be honest. Lol!Β  Anyways….this thought me that stepping out of our comfort zones are growth experiences. Just give it a try and even if it’s ends up being a disappointment, you will learn from it.

Have you lately stepped out of your comfort zone, style-wise? What did you wear?
styling a crop top comfort zone stepping out of comfort zone

Thanks much for your visits and hope your week is going well.

As always, I would love to connect with everyone onΒ INSTAGRAMΒ andΒ TWITTER.

1. September 2, 2021 / 7:56 am

It’s great to step out of your comfort zone. I just never have it in me to wear shorts except at the beach and also shorter skirts. However it always feels great to try something new. You look great in that top. I happen to really love color and bold prints so I’d wear such a top.

September 7, 2021 / 10:40 pm

I couldn’t agree more with ya, Sophie. Oh nice one! Thanks for sharing that and for the compliment. Good to hear that. πŸ™‚

September 7, 2021 / 10:39 pm

Thank you, Jennifer. Good to hear that! πŸ™‚

September 7, 2021 / 10:39 pm

Thanks much, Kathrine! I couldn’t agree more with ya. That’s what drew me to it. πŸ™‚

2. September 2, 2021 / 11:03 pm

That rose printed floral lace-trimmed off the shoulder blouse from SheIn looks very pretty
    and wonderfully feminine! You look fabulous wearing it paired
    with the slightly stressed dark blue denim jeans.
    I have not stepped out of my own comfort zone outside of the blogosphere lately,
    but many kudos to you for doing so!!!

September 7, 2021 / 10:42 pm

Thank you so much. The details definitely drew me to buy it. πŸ™‚
      Ha! Hope you will when you’re ready to. πŸ™‚

September 13, 2021 / 7:12 pm

Thank you, Ann! Same to you. πŸ™‚

3. September 12, 2021 / 11:37 am

You look amazing in this, vibrant colors suit you so well! <3 Also I understand how stepping outside of one's comfort zone can be painfully challenging, especially if you keep thinking about a certain insecurity, but once you decide to do that one crucial step it can be so liberating.
    You are absolutely beautiful and the world deserves to see you as you are, and whenever you decide that you're ready your glow will reign supreme. Love you. <3

September 13, 2021 / 7:16 pm

Ahhhh….your comment really put a smile on my face and you’re absolutely right, Jelena. Thanks very much!
      Love you too. πŸ™‚

September 13, 2021 / 8:48 pm

Ohhhh….that’s good to hear that and I can relate to this. Thank you for sharing, luvey! πŸ™‚

September 15, 2021 / 10:06 pm

So very true, Heather. Good to hear that and thanks much. πŸ™‚

4. September 14, 2021 / 1:33 am

I know what you mean but sometimes going out of your comfort zone can make you feel really great actually. You look great in this look! : )

September 15, 2021 / 10:05 pm

A big yes to this, Allie. You’re right and good to hear that. Thank youuuuu…. πŸ™‚

5. jodie filogomo
    September 14, 2021 / 1:46 am

I have been stepping out of my comfort zone with styling lately and I do think it’s very eye opening. I’ve worn crop tops and who knew at 55 that would happen. I don’t even think it matters our size, but we get comfortable in certain things, and wearing other things seems weird.
    Love this one you Missy,
    XOOX

September 15, 2021 / 10:10 pm

Oh wow!! Love it and way to go Jodie! I agree with ya. Thanks muchas for the contribution. πŸ™‚

September 15, 2021 / 10:04 pm

Definitely Shauna! Thank you! πŸ™‚

September 15, 2021 / 10:03 pm

Thank you, Lovely!

September 15, 2021 / 10:03 pm

Good to hear that, Meredith. My pleasure and thank you. πŸ™‚

September 15, 2021 / 10:04 pm

Ayeeee….thanks much, Margot. Good to hear that. πŸ™‚

6. September 14, 2021 / 4:52 pm

To be honest I’m always been pretty intraprendent with fashion, basically ’cause I consider it a chance to have fun and play with clothing, so I easily try any trend that keep my attention! Still guess tht I should be more brave in many other fields in my life…
    That top looks really good on you, keep on going being brave! πŸ˜€
    XO
    S

September 15, 2021 / 10:11 pm

Way to go, lady! Ha!!…me too when it comes to other fields of my life.
      Thanks much and good to hear that. I sure will! πŸ™‚

7. September 14, 2021 / 6:06 pm

If you decided to step out of your comfort zone with this look let me tell you that you did a great job with it! I really love every single element of this outfit and I think that the floral crop top suits you sooo well! Your style is amazing. Thank your for sharing it!

September 15, 2021 / 10:08 pm

Yes I did and oh, thanks so very much! You’ve put a smile on my face. It’s my pleasure! πŸ™‚

8. September 14, 2021 / 7:44 pm

I think it’s good to step outside your comfort zone sometimes. This looks great on you. Hope you’re having a lovely September so far, sis. <3

September 15, 2021 / 10:02 pm

Good to hear that, sis. Thanks much and yes, so far so good by the grace of God. I hope you as well, sis. πŸ™‚

9. September 15, 2021 / 12:43 pm

I think you’re totally rocking this crop top! The floral print is super vibrant and cute. And I’m with you- I definitely pair all my crops with high-waisted pieces to keep from showing too much midriff.

September 15, 2021 / 10:03 pm