4 WAYS OF HOW I AM GETTING OUT OF A FUNK GRADUALLY…

Is it right to start this post with ‘Happy New Year’? Seeing that this is my first blog post in 2021, maybe it makes sense. Right? I hope you are all doing well and keeping safe. The current state of this world has been kicking my ass into depression, boredom and anxiety for a while now, but thank God I’m not where I used to be. All I did and do is think! I didn’t have the energy and motivation to do things I enjoy. Basically existing, but not living. Going through the same routine and not experiencing nothing new makes you loose your spark (at least for me). While I am gradually getting myself out of this funk, I am not entirely there yet. This post sums up four important things I’m doing to  kick myself back to some type of normality. Maybe there’s someone out there who can resonate.

* Juicing to Boost My Mood *

Research shows that what we consume (a.k.a diet) can either affect us positively or negatively. This isn’t just physical, but also in all aspects of our being. -Hence it is very important to know what foods we should be eating. Personally, I know this is an area that has been very challenging for me, but thank God I’m not a lost case. Lol!! With that said, I’ve been making a conscious decision each day to swap two meals with homemade juices and fruits. The less sluggish I feel, the more lighter I am on my feet. Together with that I’ve been moving as well.

* Practising Mindful *

I’ve been reading and praying a lot of late. Nothing a good sermon (especially, Joyce Meyer) and reading a good book can’t do for the soul. You don’t need to be religious to do that. Reading generally does good for the mental side of things. I know a lot of people take CBD products like gummies to help them to de-stress and think clearly and, with resources available online like this edible dosage chart by weight, it looks like it’s even easier than ever to work out how much is a safe amount to take, if this is something you are interested in.

* Revamping my Space *

An idle mind is the devil’s playground which is why I’ve been keeping myself busy revamping my home. There’s something about keeping busy that keeps one’s mind off unnecessary thoughts. Decluttering and organizing my space gives me a sense of accomplishment that I love. I’m no where near a designer, but seeing everything come together in my bedroom, celler and other areas of my home is very refreshing.

* Reinventing Myself *

Change can be scary and uncomfortable, but sometimes it is necessary. It is all one needs to feel some excitement or motivation in life. For the longest time I’ve been wanting to do something with my hair, but always put it off thinking the style might not suit me. Well the spontaneous me grew some kahunas and went for it. I definitely stepped out of my comfort zone with the blond or ginger hair.

What do you think about it?

How do you get out of a funk?

Thanks much for your visits and meaningful comments.

As always, I would love to connect with everyone on INSTAGRAM and TWITTER.

1. March 22, 2021 / 11:01 pm

Hey there, so happy to see you post again! I’m definitely the one who likes to reinvent herself as a form of self-care, change can be tough but it can be so healthy for us in the long run. Can’t wait to see more posts from you! <3

March 23, 2021 / 9:45 pm

Hey Jelena, aww…good to hear that. Wonderful and I couldn’t agree more with ya. Thanks much and
      great to be back to connect with y’all again.
      Have a great week. 🙂

2. March 23, 2021 / 2:08 am

Look at that skin glow, sis! 🙂 Beautiful photos! The food we eat, our environment, and stress all affect our health. Even getting better sleep, which I have been working on. 🙂 Happy spring! <3

March 23, 2021 / 9:41 pm

Ayeeee…thank you, sis! I couldn’t agree more with ya. Happy spring and have a great week. 🙂

3. jodie filogomo
    March 23, 2021 / 2:51 am

It has been very crazy. We bought a juicer for all of the oranges in our back yard. But we also have smoothies in the morning to get all of the goodness out of the veggies and fruit!!
    OOXX

March 23, 2021 / 9:43 pm

I know right!? Oh that is nice, Jodie. I love oranges and a good smoothie.
      Thank you for stopping by always. Have a great week.

4. March 23, 2021 / 7:33 am

Cool tips! I’ve always enjoyed reminiscing of old times whenever I want to snap out of a funk. Also, a playlist of happy and upbeat music help. Take care!
    Lovely

March 23, 2021 / 9:39 pm

Thank you, Lovely! Great idea and yes to a good playlist. I do the playlist too.
      Will do and stay safe!

March 23, 2021 / 9:36 pm

Thank you, Kathrine! Do that – rewarding!

5. March 23, 2021 / 11:50 am

I need to try juicing again! This year has been hard. Cannot wait until things go back to normal.

Jennifer
    Curated By Jennifer

March 23, 2021 / 9:37 pm

Good! I couldn’t agree more, Jennifer. You and me both.
      Thanks and have a great week.

March 23, 2021 / 9:35 pm

Thanks very much! Feels good to be back.

6. March 23, 2021 / 12:45 pm

I needed these positive advices, I think the whole lockdown thing is slowly getting to me as well!

LackaDaisy

March 23, 2021 / 9:35 pm

Good to hear that. I know how you feel. Hang in there and take care of you please.
      Have a blessed week and thanks for stopping by.

7. March 24, 2021 / 12:06 am

I know this has been a very challenging year and hard to stay focused and positive. But your space looks great and love this b&w photo of you. And LOVING the blonde hair, you go!

March 26, 2021 / 6:25 pm

Oh yes, Allie! Good to hear that and thanks very much.

8. March 24, 2021 / 12:08 am

So glad to see you back! Food definitely affects my mood and I always have more energy when I eat healthily! Love your hair!

Jill – Doused in Pink

March 26, 2021 / 5:48 pm

Thank you, Jill! Wonderful! Learning to make the right choices here. Good to hear that.

March 26, 2021 / 5:43 pm

Thank you, Jennifer and good to hear that.

March 26, 2021 / 6:26 pm

Good to hear that, Lynn. On mine too! Haha!! Thanks much!

March 26, 2021 / 5:56 pm

I know right! My pleasure and thanks for stopping by.

9. March 25, 2021 / 9:35 pm

To get out of a funk I like to go out for a walk in the sun or do an at home spa.
    So happy to see you back. Happy 2021!

March 26, 2021 / 6:18 pm

Good to hear that. I do go for a good jog/walk as well. Now home spa is defo something I’ve to
      try. Good to be back, Radi. Happy 2021! Thank youuuu…!

10. March 30, 2021 / 12:20 am

You look absolutely beautiful, my dear friend! I’m SO happy to see a new post from you. 🙂 I have been checking in every week to see when you pop in with a new post! I am sending so much love and prayers to you to help you get fully out of your funk. It has been such a trying time with covid, and all of the other things that happen in our lives.

Good for you on the juicing! I need to work on making my diet healthier for sure. I love that you’re practicing mindfulness and I too love listening to Joyce Meyer. Also, when you step out of your comfort zone, that’s where the growth happens and you will just continue to blossom, my friend. 🙂

I hope you have the best week ahead, my friend!

Make Life Marvelous

April 2, 2021 / 11:49 pm

Aww…thanks much my dear friend! Good to hear that. 🙂 Ayee…this means a lot. I am receiving the love and the prayers in good faith.
      Yeah juicing has helped me a lot. Thanks so much and I couldn’t agree more with ya on stepping out of your comfort zone. Truth!
      Thanks so much my friend and much love to you. 🙂

11. July 24, 2021 / 12:58 pm

I’m late on this post very late… but I’m glad I read it, I’m going through something similar right now. Letting go of anything which drains me. I’m learning to love myself and put myself first.

Beautiful hair… great post thank you for sharing missy I love you xx

July 25, 2021 / 10:19 pm

Better late than never, Taffy. Aww…good to hear that. You’re doing a great job.
      Thanks much, appreciate and love you. 🙂