THREE THINGS TO DO WHEN YOU VISIT BUCKINGHAM PALACE…

As most of you are aware, my son and I recently visited Buckingham palace. This is a hot spot for tourists. I have been there both winter and summer time, -and on both occasions there was a massive crowd. This year the palace opens its door to the public until 29th September for tours. So here we go…

* Clutch to your Purse*

Okay clutch might be a strong word, so let me put it this way. Hang on to your bag! Lol! Where there are too many people there’s bond to be something fishy. Unfortunately not everyone visiting is there to play tourist. Some are there to prey on tourists. There is a sign at the premises that warns visitors about this. I will advice you to heed to that.

*Changing of the Guard*

This is something I always skip whenever I visit Buckingham palace, but apparently it is one of the most exciting things to do there. I was told it starts around 11:30am and takes about 35mins.

*Explore the Queen’s Gallery and Royal Mews*

This is where you get to feast your eyes on beautiful arts ,iconic coaches and carriages. There are up to 450 from the queen’s collection to enjoy. The royal mews is probably the interesting one as you get to see carriages/coaches that dates back to 1762 (Gold state coach). For information about tickets please click here.

Buckingham palace Buckingham palace

Thanks much for your visits and meaningful comments. Have you visited the palace yet?

As always, I would love to connect with everyone onΒ INSTAGRAMΒ andΒ TWITTER.

1. August 8, 2019 / 3:40 am

When I go back to the UK someday I am gonna revisit all these posts of yours!! Thanks for the tips πŸ™‚
    Hope you are well xx

findyourownhope.com

2. August 8, 2019 / 3:48 am

Girl I clutch to my purse whenever I go on vacation. Thanks for the tips sis. Hopefully I will visit one day. I love those pictures.

3. August 8, 2019 / 8:48 am

Thanks for your tips, dear Missy May. I see I really should visit one day Buckingham Palace. You look so cool with the plaid shirt!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena

4. jenniferpickering22gmailcom
    August 8, 2019 / 1:29 pm

I’d love to go to Buckingham. There is currently a Queen Victoria exhibit I want to see.

Jennifer
    Effortlessly Sophisticated

5. August 8, 2019 / 2:40 pm

I always love your London/England photos! Hope to go there soon!

Marie
    The Flower Duet

6. alimackin2013
    August 8, 2019 / 2:55 pm

You looked like you had a great visit. I always hear the same when I visit Paris. But I am from NY so I always have my wits about me. I went to Buckingham Palace years ago and did indeed watch the changing for the guard. Though I can not recall if I went to the Queens gallery.

7. August 8, 2019 / 4:38 pm

Such a classic London spot! And digging your buffalo check shirt- such a great piece!

8. francesca romana capizzi
    August 9, 2019 / 9:35 am

Really? Are there bag snatchers in Buckingham Palace? OMG! Under the queen’s nose hahahaha!!!
    I have been there once and I watched the guard changing, amazing experience, a tad to long!
    Don’t Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin’

9. Sara Secchi
    August 9, 2019 / 11:09 am

Thank you so much for sharing these tips… Very beautiful photo and look! Have a great weekend.

10. August 9, 2019 / 1:22 pm

Hope you had a nice time in London! I have seen the changing of the guards once and loved it.

Madeline
    madelinewilsonojo.com

August 10, 2019 / 12:03 am

Thanks for the great tips! My husband and I went to London (and Paris) for our honeymoon, but didn’t get to visit the palace because it was closed at the time. Maybe if we ever get to go again, we’ll visit it then πŸ™‚

12. August 11, 2019 / 6:20 pm

It’s so sad that some people would prey on tourists at such a beautiful place as this. Anyways, I carry huge bags so like, I am already always obsessed with clutching tightly to my handbag anytime I am in busy places, lol. Overall, looks like you had a great time! – http://www.jamilakyari.com

13. August 11, 2019 / 10:14 pm

When we were in London over 10 years ago we went there it was definitely a sight to see, we didn’t get to see the changing of the guard but we did get to see them doing a little walk around which was fun. It looks so busy there though, was still busy, but not as much, when we visited!

Hope that you have had a great weekend πŸ™‚

14. Layla Dorsi
    August 12, 2019 / 4:36 pm

Awww this is such a lovely post and all your photos are beautiful – love how the police also took a photo, that’s lovely!

Your outfit was really nice too – effortless and the pop of colour is beautiful!

Hope you’re well and having a wonderful start to the week!

Layla x

15. August 12, 2019 / 4:37 pm

aaah I love London! You’re right about clutching your purse though. There were so many people there that it was a bit scary when I was there last.

-Didier

16. karasclosetblog
    August 12, 2019 / 5:45 pm

I’ve always wanted to see Buckingham Palace so thank you for the tips! It’s sad how people will prey on tourists but holding on to your purse is so important when traveling. And it looks like you had a great time. I love the photos you took!

x Kara | http://karascloset.net/

17. August 12, 2019 / 7:53 pm

I really should be a tourist, haha. Buckingham Palace is always a fun trip. Now, I wish I’d paid more attention to the changing of the guards. Thanks for sharing, Schwester. Wish you a bright new week. <3

18. Neti*
    August 13, 2019 / 1:47 am

Great tips!! One should always clutch the purse the minute they leave their house.

August 13, 2019 / 10:21 pm

Thank you beautiful and can’t agree more.

19. August 14, 2019 / 5:20 pm

Great photos, I hope that I’ll be able to see it myself some day.