WHAT I WORE FOR A GIRL’S NIGHT OUT AND WRITER’S BLOCK…

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Little white dresses Today I feel so uninspired to write a post guys. My mind literally feels blank. Is this what people call writer’s block? Anyways…the #ootd for today is an effortless chic outfit I put together for a girl’s night out. A unique dress I got to celebrate my 30th birthday three years ago from Zara and a jacket I’ve had for ages from Primark. The gingham heels is also from Zara.

Hope y’all had a lovely weekend filled with laughter. I had a fun, but busy Saturday supporting at a family friend’s wedding in Coventry. After experiencing this day, I respect event planers. I found myself being involved in everything and oh dear, not an easy job at all. Thank God it was a successful and safe ceremony. I’m happy for the newly weds.

Have you experienced writer’s block before? Any tips?writer's block plaid jackets

Thanks much for your visits and meaningful comments. Have a great week.

As always, I would love to connect with everyone on INSTAGRAMΒ andΒ TWITTER.

1. May 22, 2019 / 1:51 am

I totally get what you mean sometimes really it isn’t writers block its just the need to take a break from social media and writing and just getting yourslef and your thoughts back together. Sometimes taking a day off from social media or even a week and just enjoying your surroundings catching up on shows movies do things you never normally do can be a great help.

May 22, 2019 / 10:20 pm

I couldn’t agree more with you Kerona. Amma have to defo do that. Thanks much for the helpful advice. πŸ™‚

2. jenniferpickering22gmailcom
    May 22, 2019 / 12:55 pm

I get writer’s block a lot. Sometimes taking time off helps a lot. You look fabulous!

Jennifer
    Effortlessly Sophisticated

May 22, 2019 / 10:15 pm

Thanks much Jennifer. Noted on the tip. πŸ™‚

3. May 22, 2019 / 4:12 pm

You look so pretty in your girl’s night out outfit. I’m really digging your shoes. I hope you had a good time. Writer’s block can be the worse. I just got over a similar situation last month and am starting to slowly get back in the groove of posting and writing.
    LaToya

May 22, 2019 / 10:18 pm

Thanks much LaToya. πŸ™‚ Good to hear that you’re starting to get the swing back. There’s hope for me too. Ha!

4. May 22, 2019 / 6:35 pm

Fantastic lewk! Not many of us can wear white like this and you ROCK! When I get writer’s block, just shut down my computer and get out the house. After a couple of days, get back on it.

May 22, 2019 / 10:13 pm

Thanks so much auntie Neti. Appreciate the tip here. Noted! πŸ™‚

5. May 22, 2019 / 6:42 pm

Your family friend’s wedding sounds like it was a very nice and happy event to attend.
    The look of the fabric and the drape of that white Zara dress look very attractive, and I love how you styled it. YES, I have experienced writer’s block before. Sometimes I compose brief paragraphs hoping that I can re-write and edit them into something current if I can manage to motivate myself to do a new post.

May 22, 2019 / 10:22 pm

It sure was for sure.
      Good to hear that on the style. Thank you πŸ™‚
      I do the same thing when it comes to writer’s block too, but this time around I’m not getting nothing. Ha!! I think I need a break. πŸ™‚

6. May 22, 2019 / 7:23 pm

This outfit is so cute! I love that you paired the white dress with a plaid jacket! Also I definitely know how it feels to get writer’s block. Usually taking a break from writing helps me refresh my mind, so that I can think more clearly.

May 22, 2019 / 10:14 pm

Thanks much Valerie and good to hear that. I will take your advice. Appreciated πŸ™‚

7. May 22, 2019 / 7:36 pm

Hello sis! Sometimes it bees like that! No motivation to write. Well done for pushing through it though! Your dress is lovely. Trust me, being the coordinator at someone’s party no be joke at all! I did it once, and slept for a whole day after the party!

Have a good rest of the week Missy May

Madeline
    madelinewilsonojo.com

May 22, 2019 / 10:27 pm

Hello sis! Thanks very much. Lol for sleeping a whole day after the party. I felt so weak the next day.
      Have a good rest of the week too. πŸ™‚

May 22, 2019 / 10:14 pm

Good to hear that Kathrine. Thanks very much! πŸ™‚

8. Desislava Markova
    May 22, 2019 / 11:28 pm

This white dress is falubous! Love how you paired it with the leather-plaid jacket.

https://SatinOfLux.com | Fashion Blog

May 24, 2019 / 10:00 pm

Thanks much and good to hear that.

9. May 23, 2019 / 12:21 am

I find it harder to write when it is an outfit post versus something else. I just love this all white dress and the cut of it and those plaid shoes are so fun with it. I love the different textures in that jacket, too!

May 24, 2019 / 10:02 pm

I can definitely relate Carrie. Good to hear that Carrie Thanks much!

May 24, 2019 / 10:00 pm

Thank you Claire. I will do that as well.

10. May 23, 2019 / 7:39 am

Weddings are such happy occasions, but when it’s family it usually means we have our work cut out for us, don’t we? This weekend I have a family wedding. I ordered them a cake, bought some presents and prepared the ‘real’ present that pretty much emptied my back account. I was also thinking of baking them a home made cake but my husband convinced me to order one. Finding time to bake a fancy cake isn’t easy these day.

I absolutely love this styling. Gorgeous white dress and heels. The jacket is fabulous. You look fantastic dear….and to answer your comment- I do get a writer’s block. Sometimes it helps me to check out my old posts.

May 24, 2019 / 10:11 pm

You’re so right Ivana. Lol to emptying your bank account. We don’t want that. Ha!!
      Thanks much and good to hear that. Good idea to check out old posts. Will do that. πŸ™‚

May 23, 2019 / 2:12 pm

This is absolutely gorgeous Missy!! I’m in love with those shoes.

May 24, 2019 / 9:58 pm

Thanks much Jodie. That shoe is a show stopper for sure. πŸ™‚

12. May 23, 2019 / 2:25 pm

I love this crisp white dress and the jacket is the perfect pop! I have been blogging for over five years and find I have trouble staying motivated these days. I feel like I have run out of new things to say. But the art of blogging is so fun. Sometimes we don’t have to say much of anything, we can just let the pictures tell the story.
    Peace!
    Cheryl

May 24, 2019 / 10:08 pm

Thanks much Cheryl. You’re so right about this point. πŸ™‚

13. alimackin2013
    May 23, 2019 / 4:09 pm

Ah yes writers block can be a bit**ch. What a great minimalist dress! And I like the contrasting checked patterns in the shoes and coat, this is great.

May 24, 2019 / 10:03 pm

Lol…yep!! Thanks much Allie!

14. May 23, 2019 / 4:14 pm

This white dress is SUCH a head-turner! So simple but major impact!

15. Ana Carolina Domingues
    May 23, 2019 / 6:40 pm

Que vestido lindo β™‘

May 24, 2019 / 9:57 pm

Thanks much and good to hear that.

16. May 24, 2019 / 6:06 pm

FIrstly, you look amazing in this dress, sis. I have only had writer’s block a few times and it was generally for a work assignment. But, when I am in this way I get outside, far away from whatever you are working on. Then, come back to it later! <3 x/Mads

May 24, 2019 / 10:06 pm

Thanks much sis. This is really helpful. Appreciated πŸ™‚

17. May 25, 2019 / 1:28 am

What a stunning white dress, you look so good in it and the heels are such a fun touch πŸ™‚ I’m glad the wedding went well – they can be so stressful!

Good luck with the writers block! I find time away helps, I have a backlog of posts scheduled and ready to go so if I don’t have the motivation to write it’s okay to take some time off until I want to again!

Hope that you have a lovely weekend ahead of you πŸ™‚

May 26, 2019 / 11:28 pm

Thanks much Mica. πŸ™‚
      Appreciated and might have to try this method too. Thanks πŸ™‚
      Have a blessed week ahead.

18. May 25, 2019 / 3:39 am

I have those days where I have writer’s block too. If you step back and focus on something else, you’ll get it back! That dress is stunning on you! Love you gingham shoes!

Jill – Doused in Pink

May 26, 2019 / 11:26 pm

Thanks much Jill and good to hear that. Noted!

May 26, 2019 / 11:25 pm

Thanks much Anya dear and good to hear that.

19. May 27, 2019 / 1:07 am

Oh very great style darling
    For me the best for write blocking is to listen music
    xx

May 30, 2019 / 8:51 pm

Thanks much and good to hear that. Will try it.

20. busyandfab
    May 27, 2019 / 4:52 am

I like the checkered jacket and shoes, such a cute match. I occasionally suffer from writer’s block too so I have to read other people’s blogs to motivate me.

May 28, 2019 / 10:12 am

Thank you! I do the same as well, but this time I wasn’t motivated. Ha!!

May 28, 2019 / 9:53 am

Ha!! Not really! Thank you Rena!

May 28, 2019 / 10:03 am

Ha!! Thanks much Ann. πŸ™‚

May 28, 2019 / 9:50 am

Thank you Gemma and have a blessed week.

May 28, 2019 / 9:51 am

Aww…hope we come out of this funk soon. Thanks much! πŸ™‚

May 28, 2019 / 9:48 am

Thanks much Hena.
      Noted!

21. May 28, 2019 / 1:46 am

I love your outfit from your girl’s night out! You rock the look. I can relate about writer’s block. This is why I try to take a lot of breaks between writing @___@.

Nancy β™₯ exquisitely.me

May 28, 2019 / 9:59 am

Thanks much Nancy. Noted on that.

22. May 28, 2019 / 1:53 am

So simple, yet so chic and classic. Love the pop of pattern from the gingham shoes too dear.

Jessica | notjessfashion.com

23. May 28, 2019 / 4:56 pm

Oh the writer’s block is awful isn’t it? I still have it quite often mind you but I’ve learned to just let it go when I don’t feel inspired to write. It’s hard but ultimately you just gotta write about what you’re super passionate about right?

-Didier

May 28, 2019 / 7:30 pm

It sure is Didier. Good to hear that and you’re so right. Thanks muchas! πŸ™‚

24. May 29, 2019 / 5:05 am

Your pictures are always so beautiful, sis. Just let them do the talking. I hope you are doing okay. I love this dress on you.

May 30, 2019 / 8:50 pm

Aww…means a lot sis. Good to hear that. Thanks much!

May 30, 2019 / 8:48 pm

Thanks Priya and good to know that I’m not alone.

25. May 30, 2019 / 7:59 pm

I absolutely love your outfit!!!
    Occasionally I get writer’s block & I end up taking a break from my blog b/c there’s no point in trying to force myself to write something. I’ll watch a movie, play a video game, read a book, go out, etc. Then before long I’m back to writing!

Karalee
    Tales of Belle

May 30, 2019 / 9:01 pm

Good to hear that Karalee.
      Wonderful to know that I’m not alone. Yes to all of these tips. Thanks much for sharing. Appreciated!

26. karasclosetblog
    May 31, 2019 / 5:18 pm

I am loving this white dress with that jacket! This whole outfit is beautiful. I get writer’s block from time to time and I usually try to take a break for a bit to clear my head. Going for a walk always seems to help. I hope you have a great weekend!

x Kara | http://karascloset.net

May 31, 2019 / 11:33 pm

Thanks much Kara and good to hear that I’m not the only one when it comes to writer’s block. Appreciate the tip. πŸ™‚

27. June 24, 2019 / 12:30 am

Wow – you are a stunner in this look, my beautiful Mavis! πŸ™‚ I have experienced writer’s block and it can be so frustrating staring at a blank screen uncertain of what to write. What helps me is to take a walk. Also, just getting away from the computer and letting my mind have a break. πŸ™‚

June 24, 2019 / 10:06 pm

Aww…you’re so sweet! Thanks much beautiful. Taking a break seems to be everyone’s first option. Took it on board. πŸ™‚