4 HEALTHY LIFESTYLES THAT MADE MY HEART SMILE IN 2018…

Healthy Lifestyles

*** HEALTHY LIFESTYLE ***

I’ve come to the conclusion that to live a healthy lifestyle is one of the hardest journey one will embark on. Especially if you love food like I do. Ha!! It’s a battlefield of the mind struggle. If I was getting a pound for every time I told myself that this week I’ll do a smoothie cleanse, omit carbs from my diet, do the omad diet, swap two meals for smoothie and yadayada, -I would be a millionaire by now. Having said that, I have learnt a lot about myself through this hit and miss healthy lifestyle journey. Diet-wise, I could go all day without doing all the things I failed at, but I’ve realised that whenever I give myself a condition to eat healthy, its a big fail. Does it make sense? When it comes to exercising, I’ve no problem at all because I’m naturally an active person. Exercising helps me sleep better as I suffer from insomnia. I prefer that to medication. I love the way exercising makes me feel inside and out. It gives me wings, keeps the body on point and it does something to my mind positively. Those of you who follow me on Instagram saw some of the workout videos shared last year. Since last year, I’ve been getting a lot of compliments on how much weight I’ve lost. Feels good! Not that size matters, but personally, I hate it when I put on weight. It slows me down and makes me depressed.

*** LIVING IN THE MOMENT ***

Naturally, I’m a thinker. ‘What if?, why this?, why that?, maybe this should,’ that is me. If I’m not analysing something, then I’m over-thinking it. I just can’t help myself! -And I believe this is why I’ve made bad choices, mistakes and also held myself back in certain areas in my life. When something happens in my life, I waste so much time and energy on what was and what could have been. In 2018 I made a concious decision to be thankful and enjoy the present. Life is made for moving forward which means dwelling in the past is nothing but, hindrance.

“Brothers and sisters, I do not consider that I’ve made it my own yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, -I press on toward the goal to win the heavenly prize of the upward call of  God in Christ Jesus.” -Philippians 3:13-14

*** TRAVELLING ***

There is something about strolling, eating and relaxing in another city that feels so good and liberating. I just love it! Last year I had the opportunity of travelling a bit which I shared on this blog. I hope to continue this journey this year with my son. It’ll be a challenge as I work part time this year due to single mother duties, but as always, God is in control. We’ll do what we can. Ha!!

*** READING ***

I like to read, but for the past couple of years, I’m ashamed to say that I haven’t read a full book. There’re books in my home that I would love to dive in, but following that feeling with an action feels daunting. -Definitely a lazy habit that I made my mind to change last year. While I can’t boost about reading a dozen of books like others, I’m proud of myself for finishing a couple of books. I enjoy reading romantic novels and motivational books (mainly Joyce Meyer’s books). I particularly enjoyed reading The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman. Such a great read and very insightful.

Have a lovely weekend, Beauties! What made your heart smile last year?

As always, I would love to connect with everyone on INSTAGRAM and TWITTER.

1. January 27, 2019 / 11:29 am

I find I can be really good at healthy eating then I crave all the chocolate – haha! I find in moderation works better. It’s great you have the energy for working out regularly, I find after running around after the boys all day I’m usually too exhausted! Maybe when they are bigger it will be easier.

Hopefully you can continue these things in 2019, and you do get some travel in! 🙂

Hope that you are having a nice weekend 🙂 We spent yesterday by the bay – despite the heat! Our heatwave continues!

Away From The Blue Blog

January 27, 2019 / 9:06 pm

I can so relate, Mica. Haha! I couldn’t agree more with you when it comes to moderation. I understand, dem kids don’t come easily.
      Hope so too. Thanks much! 🙂
      The weekend has been okay. Wish I had your heatwave. 🙂

January 27, 2019 / 8:53 pm

Sure Marie and thank you!

2. Emily
    January 27, 2019 / 12:52 pm

This was a lovely post and I’m glad to see you’ve embraced some positive habits going into 2019! I’d definitely recommend to keep up the reading, however much you manage to read, it’s such a beneficial way to spend time on and with yourself!

Musings & More

January 27, 2019 / 9:00 pm

Thanks much Emily and will definitely do that.

January 27, 2019 / 8:55 pm

That makes the two of us girl. I love to dance too. Good to hear that.

January 27, 2019 / 7:38 pm

Gosh, it is so hard at times. But making our heart smile is the best goal ever.
    I feel like I’m always working on something to make me better, but I need to embrace myself at every stop!!
    XOOX

January 27, 2019 / 8:57 pm

I couldn’t agree more with you, Jodie.
      You’re not alone there. Thank you 🙂

4. January 27, 2019 / 9:03 pm

We are identical! These are actually all the things that I really want to focus on in 2019. I am usually always focused on travel, but the other things I really need to start focusing on. I’ve really fallen off the healthy wagon, and I would love to have the time to read more and just work on myself. Living in the moment is so so important! I am realizing it now more than ever. 🙂

-Emily http://www.coatandcoffee.com

January 28, 2019 / 10:12 am

Good to hear that Emily. You’re not alone at all. Fingers crossed for all of us to get it right this year.
      Thanks much for the contribution. 🙂

January 28, 2019 / 10:08 am

Thanks much Kathrine and good to hear that. I remember reading about it on your blog.

5. January 28, 2019 / 12:08 am

I too am really good at working out M-F, but man… food is my struggle. I’ve been really trying to eat healthier for the last year and there are times I burn. I heard that if one tire is slashed, don’t slash the other 3… as in, if you mess up in the morning, don’t mess up the rest of the day, try to get back on track by eating clean! Good luck! Lol! Insomnia is the worst, I get it from time to time and it is so frustrating!

January 28, 2019 / 10:14 am

I suppose I’m not alone then. That is a good technic to follow for sure. Thanks much for sharing. Couldn’t agree more with you on insomnia being frustrating.

January 28, 2019 / 10:08 am

Good to hear that Francesca and couldn’t agree more. Thanks much!

6. Lovely Amusan
    January 28, 2019 / 9:42 am

I love to travel, and eating right, well most of the time although I do have my moments! Really awesome to see your embrace positivity in 2019!

Lovely

January 28, 2019 / 10:06 am

Good to hear that, Lovely. Thanks so much!

7. January 28, 2019 / 12:05 pm

It is great you enjoy exercise, I’m sure it does us a lot of good, especially those of us who are over thinkers and suffer from insomnia – it clears our heads and helps us sleep better. Yes, I hear you about exercise. Thank God I’m healthy enough to exercise again! I’m looking forward to exercising more this year. Last year was a struggle as I was recovering from one operation and then had to have another and then lost a lot of weight and I couldn’t exercise much because I was constantly feverish. What made me smile last year? Lots of things. I read a lot of nice books, I made some art I was happy with. It wasn’t a bad year, just a mix of good and bad. Sometimes everything seems dark to me (maybe it’s just January blues) but there is always good to be find in our lives, it’s important to be grateful for what we have and not to compare ourselves with others. Healthy lifestyle is important, but it has to come from the heart. We need to learn ourselves and then we adopt healthy habits more naturally. I find it is better than to pressure ourselves! Lovely photos! I wish you all the best in 2019.

January 28, 2019 / 9:42 pm

Thanks much for the contribution, Ivana dear. I hear you on that and good to hear that all these health issues are gradually behind you. -And you can get back into the healthy lifestyle. Thank God! It is well! I couldn’t agree more with you on learning about ourselves and not comparing. Appreciated 🙂

January 28, 2019 / 9:23 pm

Good to hear that Wendee. Thanks much and likewise.

8. January 28, 2019 / 1:43 pm

Yes to strolling and reading, such perfect moments :))) Would love to do more strolling in new places this year and of course read more books too :))) x

January 28, 2019 / 9:25 pm

Yes! Good to hear that. Lets do it together! Thank you 🙂

9. January 28, 2019 / 2:40 pm

Lovely post, my beautiful Mavis! Living a healthy lifestyle is tough! I can relate. I love how it doesn’t deter you anymore. Rather, you continue to move forward with trial and error. Isn’t that what life is all about? Eventually, you will find what works for you if you haven’t already. 😉 I’m with you on the books. I have a stack of books waiting for my eyes. I hope to read more this year. 🙂 Have a great week, my friend!

January 28, 2019 / 9:27 pm

Thanks ever so much my dear friend. I couldn’t agree more with you. 🙂 Fingers crossed we do that. Have a great week dearest. Appreciate ya! 🙂

10. January 28, 2019 / 2:43 pm

Living a healthy lifestyle truly hard. There are times i decide to go clean with my food, mehn i didnt know when i relapsed back to them chocolates, icecreams and cookies….this new year i have made up my mind to stay clean.God help me

Glowyshoe’s blog

January 28, 2019 / 9:19 pm

I have been there, so I understand what you saying. We’ll get there one day at a time. Amen! Thanks much!

11. January 28, 2019 / 3:30 pm

Yes being in the moment can be a struggle or at leasts for me it is. I wish I could travel more. I wish I could park myself in Paris and then travel to other parts of Europe. Oh yes reading, same here. For me I use to read before bed but I have such problems with sleep and TMJ, migraines and my eyesight that I find I do it less and less but I do want to try and read more this year.

January 28, 2019 / 9:38 pm

I couldn’t agree more with you, Allie. Oh how I wish too. On reading, sorry to hear that. Hope you can gradually get back to it.
      Thanks much for the contribution.

January 28, 2019 / 9:17 pm

Not to worry hun. Little steps every day helps. Thank you! 🙂

12. karasclosetblog
    January 28, 2019 / 5:07 pm

These are all wonderful changes to have made! I’m with you on loving food and being more active in 2019 is something I want to work on. Reading and traveling are two of my favorite things, and they really are good for the soul. I hope you have a wonderful 2019 and keep doing what makes you happy!

x Kara | http://karascloset.net

January 28, 2019 / 9:32 pm

Thanks much Kara! Good to hear that and wishing you the same. 🙂

13. January 28, 2019 / 7:19 pm

Reading: I really want to make more of an effort and watch less shows in order to have more time for books. Hope it will make my heart smile this year.

ANOUK

January 28, 2019 / 9:16 pm

Good to hear that Anouk and thanks much for sharing. It sure will. 🙂

January 28, 2019 / 9:15 pm

Good to hear that and thanks.

14. Paola Lauretano
    January 28, 2019 / 9:43 pm

Living for the moment is my mantra! And traveling is my fav thing!!!
    Lovely post, Miss!
    Kisses, Paola.

Expressyourself

January 28, 2019 / 10:13 pm

Good to hear that Paola. Thank you for sharing. 🙂
      Hugs!

15. January 29, 2019 / 3:06 am

Oh I always try to live n the moment too! I tend to overthink as well which makes for some missed opportunities but I found that once I opened myself to be more receptive of the world around me, it made my life so much easier.

-Didier

January 29, 2019 / 7:44 pm

Oh good to hear that Didier. I’ll have to try this as well. Thanks much for sharing.

16. January 29, 2019 / 6:01 am

I really adore your positive mindset!
    Well, I am typical of over-thinking woman as well and I can’t really deal with it.
    But thank you for reminding me that God is always there for me, for us.
    I want to live a positive life too, just like you 🙂

xoxo,
    |CHELSHEAFLO|

January 29, 2019 / 7:40 pm

Aw thanks much! I try!
      One can’t help it sometimes.
      My pleasure and good to hear that. 🙂
      Appreciated! 🙂

17. January 29, 2019 / 11:36 am

You are so right, dear Missy May! All these things made my heart smile, too 🙂 You can be so proud of you that despite you love food you finally found the healthy lifestyle!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena

January 29, 2019 / 7:38 pm

Good to hear that Rena and thanks ever so much. 🙂

18. January 29, 2019 / 12:39 pm

Last year was a blurr. Mainly studding. I’m sure there were many things that made me smile though. I hope you and your son get to do a lot of travelling this year and onwards. I too have not read a whole book in forever, I hope to this year! Losing weight is not easy for any size. As I have come to realise, it all starts in the mind. Good luck Mavis : ) xo

January 29, 2019 / 7:47 pm

I’m sure too, Natoya! I hope so too girl. Good to hear that on the reading. I couldn’t agree more with you on the losing weight.
      Thanks much for the contribution. 🙂

19. January 29, 2019 / 8:05 pm

Great post,, I really enjoy reading it! All of thing from your list I put on my and like your wrote I have feeling that my heart smile because that decision! I start exercise, read every nigh before sleeping, focus only at the moment and don’t think about past or future and check some cities for visiting this spring and summer!

Blog – http://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/search/label/en
    YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqA3pP31Bsw

January 29, 2019 / 9:34 pm

Thanks much and good to hear that. 🙂

20. January 30, 2019 / 4:16 am

I relate so much to what you were saying about living in the moment. I have to actively work on trying to not over-think every little thing and I too believe that that habit has held me back from things and has stopped me from fully enjoying things. In 2019 I’m going to try and live more in the moment as well.

Julia // The Sunday Mode

January 30, 2019 / 6:41 pm

Good to hear that, Julia. Likewise here, -definitely relate. Thanks much for the contribution. 🙂

21. February 4, 2019 / 4:08 am

This is such a fun read dear! Love everything you said here, especially the second one.

Jessica | notjessfashion.com