DATE NIGHT BANTER WITH DRESSLILY…

Date nightI can’t remember the last time I went on a date, but seeing this off-shoulder dress on Dresslily just invokes that gooey date night feeling. The striking cobalt blue colour just screams “here I am!” and the lace detailing adds a romantic and luxe vibe. Nothing makes a sexy statement like a bodycon number. The way it guides the curvy lines of a woman is alluring.

When it comes to date night, I think one of the most nerve-racking thing is dressing up. It doesn’t matter if you know the person for ages or for something new, it is always bitter-sweet. On one hand, the sweet feeling of going on a date with someone you’re into and on the other hand, the feeling of “I gotta look good for this person” kicks in. Figuring out what to wear is the bitter side and I think we can all agree that the pressure is high with new partners. The bottom line is you want to make a good impression.

I believe nothing says sexy than a woman who is confident and feels comfortable in their own skin. -And that brings us to the number one date night rule.

Be Comfortable: Yes you want to come out of the door looking like a snack, but don’t compromise for comfort. Sexy and comfortable make a good couple so don’t forget to take one leaving the other behind. Ha! I could list a lot of styles/pieces one could wear on a date night, but it won’t mean anything, -because at the end of the day, it is about being yourself and wearing what defines you. I love this chic banquet sandals and as someone who isn’t too confident in sky high heels, this will be a great option. If heels weren’t my cup of tea, I won’t attend a date wearing those to embarrass myself. Does this make sense?

Have Fun: Sipping on champagne and enjoying a delicious food on a candle light dinner sounds like a dream come true for most of us ladies, but what is the fun in that if that is all we do every damn time. Once in awhile switch things up and make it fun and bouncy like tassel earrings. Activities like taking a dance class, cooking class or doing something sporty are great options. Keep it fresh.

Enjoy Each Other: Lord knows this generation and social media are glued to the hips. We want to share every second of anything going on in our lives with the world. That gratification is getting the best of us. -But please not on a quality time with someone special. It is absolutely disrespectful. Put the phone in your bag. Yes to taking photos, but hold off with posting. Reminisce on your journey together and don’t forget to top it up (compliment) with cheerful words like the colourful lipsticks.

So that ends the banter.  When was the last time you went on a date? Have you got any rules?

Use code Summer18 for extra 12% off over 20$.

Please share your thoughts and lets connect on INSTAGRAM and TWITTER.

1. July 31, 2018 / 4:10 am

Feeling sexy and confident in my own skin is my number one priority when it comes to fashion. No matter how beautiful the outfit looks on the mannequin, if it does not feel right when you wear it, it is not for you. You always do a great job with your outfits, sis! I love dresslily. They have good prices. Great post!

July 31, 2018 / 7:40 pm

That is wonderful to read and good to hear that sis. Thanks ever so much and couldn’t agree more with the pricing. Appreciated sis!

2. busyandfab
    July 31, 2018 / 4:55 am

How inspiring! I like your writing style dear, how you effortlessly connect one thing to another. I don’t know if having breakfast in a café with my husband is called a date but we recently did that last week. This is such a pretty cobalt blue dress, yesss bodycon is so alluring.

July 31, 2018 / 7:43 pm

Aw good to hear that hun. It sure is a date.
      Couldn’t agree more with you on the dress. Thanks much for the contribution. 🙂

July 31, 2018 / 7:33 pm

Oh good to hear that Kathrine. Well check it out. Very affordable too. It sure will! Ha!
      Thanks much. 🙂

3. meronnjambigmailcom
    July 31, 2018 / 1:23 pm

Sister!!! You need to go on a date soon. I love the tips you have laid out, they resonated so much with my experience on dates. I love the whole ensemble but the key is confidence as you stated. I do go on dates every once in a while, you should go more often so that you can remember the last time you went on one.

July 31, 2018 / 7:39 pm

I surely should sis. Good to hear that you agree with this post. I’ll do that sis. Thanks much for the contribution. 🙂

4. July 31, 2018 / 1:37 pm

I love this post and especially agree with keeping things fresh and enjoying each other. Me and my partner have a no phone at the table rule and it makes me sad when I see other couples eating out and spending the whole time on their phones and not talking to each other.
    Soph – https://sophhearts.com/ x

July 31, 2018 / 7:31 pm

Good to hear that Sophie. Oh that is wonderful and that is the way to go.
      Thanks much for sharing. 🙂

July 31, 2018 / 1:56 pm

I always like to dress up for date night—it makes it feel so much more special!!
    That dress is amazing, and I’d definitely wear it!

July 31, 2018 / 7:28 pm

Good to hear that Jodie and couldn’t agree more with you on the dress. Thanks much! 🙂

July 31, 2018 / 7:27 pm

Good to hear that Uzo and couldn’t agree more. Thank you!

July 31, 2018 / 7:26 pm

Haha!! Good to hear that Francesca! Thank you 🙂

6. Emily
    July 31, 2018 / 9:48 pm

It isn’t always easy to achieve the balance between comfort and style as I feel like it’s easy to be drawn to how things look rather than how they make us feel but once you nail it, it makes such a difference!

Musings & More

August 1, 2018 / 3:27 pm

You’re right about that Emily and agreed. Thanks much!

7. August 1, 2018 / 1:19 am

This is a perfect look for a date night. Nothing like a slinky body con dress to get your guys attention and yes pry him from his phone. Yup way to much social media when people are out supposedly socializing.

August 1, 2018 / 3:28 pm

Thank you Allie and yes to all of that. 🙂

8. August 1, 2018 / 3:14 am

I totally agree with you dressing up for a date night is the most stressing thing! I haven’t been on a date in a while but the thought of it giving me anxiety! The cobalt blue dress screams take me out on a date to me!! Love the shoes too!
    Hope you’re having an amazing week!
    Ankita | Real Girl Talks
    Instagram

August 2, 2018 / 6:07 pm

Lol to the thought of it giving you anxiety. It sure does indeed Ankita. Good to hear that.
      Thanks much and the week has been okay. Hope yours too.
      Appreciated 🙂

August 1, 2018 / 6:47 am

I try to go on dates with my husband periodically and I dress up every time. It doesn’t really stress me out anymore, but I do feel like I want to look good and I remember how difficult it was to find the right outfit in the early days of a relationship. I completely agree about being yourself too. We often forget about this when we try to meet someone’s expectations.

August 1, 2018 / 3:34 pm

Good to hear that Kathrin and know that you agree. Thanks much for the contribution.

10. Georgia
    August 1, 2018 / 11:06 am

Great post and great outfit – that blue dress is perfect. Really important tips too, I think it can be easy to forget about prioritising comfort – there’s nothing worse than wearing something that you don’t feel yourself in.

//teandtwosugars.blogspot.com xx

August 1, 2018 / 3:24 pm

Thanks much Georgia! Couldn’t agree more. 🙂

August 1, 2018 / 3:21 pm

It sure is Quinn. True that!! Thank you 🙂

11. August 1, 2018 / 3:55 pm

Hello miss
    This look is lovely for an evening out. I also think the most important thing when we go out with someone special is to give him all the attention, the cell phone can be a disturbing element, we have to appreciate the person and show our interest in her at that moment.

marisasclosetblog.com

August 1, 2018 / 5:30 pm

Thank you Marisa and good to read that you agree. 🙂

12. August 1, 2018 / 10:28 pm

That dress is gorgeous! I agree, bodycons are really lovely but they personally aren’t the best on my body shape. They can look amazing on curvy women though!x
    Natasha | https://floralsandcoralsx.blogspot.com

August 2, 2018 / 6:05 pm

It is indeed Natasha! Aww…I’m sure its not that bad.

13. jane
    August 2, 2018 / 7:55 am

That dress is so pretty for a date night.
    I love how you styled it too.

Much Love,
    Jane | The Bandwagon Chic

August 2, 2018 / 5:55 pm

Couldn’t agree more Jane. Thanks much Jane and much love back. 🙂

14. August 2, 2018 / 9:35 am

I just realisedy comment in some blogs including yours didn’t go through 2 days ago because my Google account was acting up.

Lovely set here Missy, the shoes are so pretty and I can see myself in that dress .Happy new month babe .

August 2, 2018 / 6:02 pm

No problem at all Uzo. Thanks much for visiting again.
      Couldn’t agree more with you on the ensemble. Happy new month beautiful. Appreciated! 🙂

August 2, 2018 / 5:53 pm

Thank you Agnese and Elisa. 🙂

August 2, 2018 / 5:52 pm

Sure is indeed Andreea. Thanks much and have a lovely day too. 🙂

August 2, 2018 / 5:59 pm

Good to hear that Rena. Thank you 🙂

15. August 2, 2018 / 3:03 pm

This outfit is gorgeous!! I love this bright blue, stunning. Great choices my dear, now we gotta get you out on a date 😀 x

August 2, 2018 / 5:57 pm

Couldn’t agree more dear friend. Ha!! Yeah waiting for the dress to arrive and will go for one. Lol!
      Thanks much for visiting. 🙂

16. August 2, 2018 / 7:36 pm

Thanks for the interesting post! Have a nice weekend)

17. coatandcoffee
    August 2, 2018 / 9:23 pm

Comfort is the number one thing I go for when having a date night, because it makes all the other stuff come so much easier, like enjoying each other. If I don’t feel comfortable, I get irritated and cannot be myself. Definitely #1!

-Emily http://www.coatandcoffee.com

August 4, 2018 / 2:24 pm

I can definitely relate to that Emily. So true!! Thanks much for sharing. 🙂

18. August 2, 2018 / 11:27 pm

That is such a lovely blue dress, I agree perfect for date night! 🙂 I haven’t been on a date night in ages, it’s hard with little kids! But I agree with your rules 🙂

Hope that you are having a great week so far 🙂

Away From The Blue Blog

August 4, 2018 / 2:21 pm

Couldn’t agree more. Aw, its not easy with children, but you can create a date night at home when the kids are asleep. Ha!!
      The week has been okay and hope yours too. Thanks much! 🙂

19. August 3, 2018 / 6:39 am

The dress is perfect for a date night! Or even a girl’s night out! I always have a hard time dressing up because I tend to change my mind last minute. I totally agree with your date night rules! It’s important that we put our phones down and pay attention to someone who is actually in front of us.

Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

August 4, 2018 / 2:22 pm

It is indeed Nancy. Oh you’re not alone on that at all. I’m the same, but changed now. Ha!! I know right!
      Thanks much 🙂

20. August 3, 2018 / 9:57 pm

Love this post such great tips! And you have amazing taste. Thanks for sharing
    xo
    S
    The Grey Canvas

August 4, 2018 / 2:19 pm

Good to hear that and thanks much. 🙂

21. August 4, 2018 / 10:43 am

You put such a lovely and sassy outfit for a date, love it! Back in days when I was still going on dates I used to go out straight after work therefore mainly wearing suits. Saying this I do feel the most comfortable in midi dresses and suits and you do want to feel relaxed and confident when you are on a date without experimenting with some crazy attire just to impress xx

Much love, xx
    Elegant Duchess

August 4, 2018 / 2:26 pm

Thanks much duchess and good to hear that. No to crazy attires. Lol!! Much love! 🙂

August 4, 2018 / 2:23 pm

Good to hear that Heather and thanks much. 🙂

22. August 5, 2018 / 12:03 pm

This is definitely something I’d wear on a date, hmm when last did I go on a date, I think early this year.

Bernie, xx
    The Style Fanatic

August 6, 2018 / 12:30 am

Good to hear that Bernie. Oh wow you need a date asap like me. Lol!!

August 6, 2018 / 12:31 am

Haha!! Good to hear that Chelshea..
      Awesome and thank you. 🙂

23. August 5, 2018 / 8:24 pm

Love your tips and this selection for a date night!! I think cobalt blue is such a beautiful color to wear on date, it’s so beautiful without being too much!

Andrea

Seize your Style

August 6, 2018 / 12:32 am

Good to hear that Andrea and you’re so right. Thanks much!

August 6, 2018 / 1:20 pm

Thank you dear. Couldn’t agree more. 🙂

24. August 6, 2018 / 6:00 pm

Oh my goodness, I can’t remember the last time I was on a date. Haha! Great tips, my beautiful Mavis! Love that gorgeous blue dress!

August 9, 2018 / 12:27 pm