THE PRESSURE THAT COMES WITH A BIRTHDAY AND OOTD…

Another year, another birthday just to remind me that I’m getting so damn old. -And I need to get my shit together. Ha!! The pressure of it all. When are you getting married? When is the second born coming (your biological clock is ticking)? When are you buying a house? When are you buying a car? When are you going to start dressing like an adult? When are you going to grow your hair back and stop parading this boyish haircut? When are you going to grow up? etc. Believe it or not, but these are questions I get in my life. The audacity of some people know no boundaries. Like (quoting) “Forgive your son’s dad and marry him because it is hard to get a husband with one kid.” Ladies and gentlemen, apparently this lady went into her marriage with two kids. The insult of it all!

Oh yes, I want all of the above, but pressuring one into it is just ridiculous. As if the pressure from society isn’t enough, families/friends have to also add to it. At this point in my life the goal is to enjoy the journey and see where the Lord will take me. Sometimes we forget that the journey is different for everybody and all these pressuring leads to mental health issues. -Which is a major problem in the world now. Statistics doesn’t look good when it comes to mental health so we’ve to be careful with how we treat and what we say to people.

Well Happy Birthday to Me! I turn 33yrs old today and I am so grateful just to be here. So does any of you get any questions and pressures associated with birthdays?

Today’s #ootd is an outfit I wore to church. You know I’m all about effortless classic looks. It gives me that boss lady vibe, like no one can tell me ish. Lol! The shirt is an oldie from Primark and the skirt is also old from Boohoo. I love how breathable these two pieces are. I finished off the look with some chic accessories that makes a statement. Ootd

Well have a lovely weekend Beauties and appreciate each and everyone of you. Blogging might seem narcissistic to people, but they will never understand the growth, education and inspiration that comes from it. Certainly for me, -blogging has helped me love myself better.

Have a blessed week and lets connect on INSTAGRAM and TWITTER.

1. June 9, 2018 / 1:18 pm

you look so stunning dear. Happy birthday, God bless you.

June 10, 2018 / 3:47 pm

Thanks much dear and God bless you too.

2. June 9, 2018 / 2:31 pm

Happy birthday babe! I hope you celebrated in style girl. I know what you mean when comes to society pressure however i took control of my own life years ago. I’m much happier person now when I make decisions about my life style that make me happy and not just to please everyone else around. Have fantastic weekend beautiful

June 10, 2018 / 4:09 pm

Thank you beautiful! I did celebrate in style. Ha! Good to hear that and I probably have to do the same. Appreciated and have a lovely weekend too.

3. June 9, 2018 / 4:31 pm

I know how you feel girl! I’m 30 in August and I always get the questions that come with it, it’s a nightmare! Just stay happy and ignore them, you’re beautiful and I’m sure you’ve got everything sorted out! Love this outfit on you, happy birthday!

Raindrops of Sapphire

June 10, 2018 / 3:51 pm

It’s a nightmare indeed Lorna. Thanks much and will surely do that. Appreciated! 🙂

4. June 9, 2018 / 8:45 pm

Oh my goodness that comment about getting with your son’s dad is horrendous, sometimes things don’t work out for a reason, but getting back with someone merely because of inconvenience is a horrid idea. Happy birthday though, have a wonderful day!

Have a great weekend!
    Amy; Wandering Everywhere

June 10, 2018 / 3:52 pm

I know right!? Couldn’t agree more Amy! Thank you very much.
      Have a lovely weekend too.

5. June 9, 2018 / 9:33 pm

I love this haircut. Please share your routine. And as for people, don’t mind what they say. Always do what makes you happy. Enjoy your birthday to the max. Wishing you everything amazing and more.

June 10, 2018 / 3:42 pm

Good to hear that Wendee. I will do that soon. 🙂 Thanks much for the advice and appreciated.

6. June 9, 2018 / 11:07 pm

Happy 33rd birthday!!! I hope all of your birthday wishes come true!
    The floral print on your skirt is gorgeous – it looks wonderful worn with the black-trimmed white blouse.

June 10, 2018 / 3:41 pm

Thanks ever so much.
      Couldn’t agree more.

7. June 10, 2018 / 3:17 am

Happy Birthday dear! I’m hitting my 30s this year and I am excited about it to be honest. But now you’re making me nervous because I feel like I need to plan my bday outfit!!! You look great btw.

-Didier

June 10, 2018 / 3:46 pm

Thanks much dear. Good to hear that. Haha…oh don’t be silly! You always look good so I Know you’ll kill it.

8. June 10, 2018 / 10:59 am

This skirt is so chic dear! Perfect summer combo :***

June 10, 2018 / 3:39 pm

Thank you Ivana dear.

June 11, 2018 / 1:09 am

It’s sad that people give you pressure about all of this, Missy!!! We are wonderful as it, and so lucky to have birthdays to celebrate!! Besides—you look amazing in this!!!

June 11, 2018 / 7:00 pm

Oh tell me about it Jodie. Ridiculous!! We are indeed! Thanks much… 🙂

June 11, 2018 / 3:26 am

Well-meaning people can be so destructive sometimes. It’s great that you know what you want in life and are willing to let it come to you. You look great. Happy birthday!

June 11, 2018 / 7:00 pm

Couldn’t agree more Kathrin. Thanks so much!

11. June 11, 2018 / 4:01 am

Happy Birthday! Hope you have the best day!
    Ohh man this pressure. I think we create it more than we think in our heads. Like you said, we must enjoy the journey and see where it takes us.

June 11, 2018 / 6:58 pm

Thanks much Radi and yeah, sometimes we do that indeed. Ha!!

12. June 11, 2018 / 5:18 am

Happy belated birthday! Some people can be so rude with their questions! I like to think that many of them mean well, but I know some people are just thoughtless with what they say or are deliberately causing trouble. It’s sad.

On a brighter note, i love your outfit, that’s a fun skirt.

Hope that you had a wonderful weekend and a nice birthday 🙂 We had a birthday party for my eldest on Saturday so it was a bit busy, but lots of fun.

Away From The Blue Blog

June 11, 2018 / 7:02 pm

Thank you beautiful! Yeah I definitely agree with that.
      Good to hear that. 🙂
      The weekend was lovely and good to hear that party was lots of fun. 🙂

June 11, 2018 / 6:56 pm

Looks like it Francesca. Ha! Thanks much! 🙂

June 11, 2018 / 6:57 pm

Hahaha….good to hear that I’m not alone then. I know right!! Thanks ever so much and good to hear that. 🙂

June 11, 2018 / 6:56 pm

Thanks much Quinn. Thanks for the compliment. 🙂

June 11, 2018 / 6:55 pm

Thanks so much Cris. Will take that advice on board. Appreciated! 🙂

13. June 11, 2018 / 6:58 pm

Yes I agree there is a lot of pressure. And in addition to this pressure which has always been there every generation faced this, but now it is made worse with social media which gives the illusion that everyone under 40 is has it all and is living the dream. Though that said generation x has it even worse. Born too early to have grown up in the digital world but too young to retire and bipass it. And the boomers are thinking wow were lucky to not get caught up in all that! Hahaha.

So yeah ignore the questions, enjoy life and keep up the good work creating wonderful content. And Happy Birthday!!

Allie of ALLIENYC

June 11, 2018 / 11:20 pm

You couldn’t have put it any better Allie. Totally agree with you too.
      Will surely do that. Thanks ever so much. Appreciated much! 🙂

14. hellohilloryrenkema
    June 11, 2018 / 7:11 pm

There’s always so much pressure on choosing the perfect birthday outfit!! Absolutely love what you chose to wear girly!

xo,

H

June 11, 2018 / 11:13 pm

I know right!? Thanks much and good to hear that Hillory. 🙂

15. June 11, 2018 / 7:17 pm

Happy birthday! Mine was this past weekend. :DDD Yeah, I totally get how blogging can be therapeutic while also adding a special social dimension to one’s life. It can be seen as narcissistic and I don’t doubt that for some people, it is truly a symptom of that type of personality, but as someone who has seen the potential for (and experienced actual) personal growth from blogging, I totally understand how you feel.

– Anna

16. June 11, 2018 / 7:18 pm

– Anna

June 11, 2018 / 11:18 pm

Thanks so much Anna. Oh how lovely, -hope you had a good birthday too. Really good to hear that. Appreciated that you shared it with me.

17. June 11, 2018 / 8:15 pm

Happy Birthday Missy! This birthday look is so chic. The blouse is so flattering with that black trim. So glad you aren’t caving into all the pressure from others. I agree that we all need to follow our heart and not someone else’s. You are such an inspiration!

June 11, 2018 / 11:15 pm

Thanks much Kathrine. Good to hear that. Appreciated much!

18. Tiffany
    June 11, 2018 / 9:32 pm

Hi sis, everything happens in God’s timing! Keep letting your light shine beautifully! I pray your birthday was as fabulous as you are! Blessings and love to you!
    Tiff

June 11, 2018 / 11:11 pm

Couldn’t agree more sis. Thanks much and it was lovely. Much love back sis.

19. Tiffany
    June 11, 2018 / 9:36 pm

Hi sis, everything happens in God’s timing. Keep letting your light shine beautifully. I pray your birthday was as fabulous as you are. Blessings and love to you!

Tiff

June 11, 2018 / 11:10 pm

Good to hear that Lizza. Thanks much! 🙂

20. June 11, 2018 / 10:53 pm

Hello
    Congratulations on another birthday !! And forget all these questions and live the day without pressure, I no longer care about any of this, live every day as if it were the last and I dont give a shit for what the others may be thinking and Good luck at the wedding. You look fantastic !!!

I wish you a wonderful week.

marisasclosetblog.com

June 11, 2018 / 11:14 pm

Hi Marisa, -thanks much for the advice. Definitely agree with you. Appreciated much!
      Have a blessed too.

June 12, 2018 / 9:41 am

Thanks much Paola. Kisses!!

21. Fashionably Idu
    June 12, 2018 / 6:08 am

Happy Birthday Missy May! Please stay young and restless and most importantly enjoy it. There are pressures that come with every stage of life and I say chuck them and do you! I am a huge fan of the hair, you do know that right?

June 12, 2018 / 9:42 am

Thank you Idu dear. I sure will do that and will take that advice on board. I know that sis. Thanks ever so much. 🙂

22. June 12, 2018 / 7:01 am

Happy Every Day Sis. You look Fantastic and your hair is poppin. Quiet the noise and live your life to the fullest.

June 12, 2018 / 9:40 am

Thanks much sis and will surely do that. Appreciate ya!

June 12, 2018 / 9:40 am

Thank you beautiful! Much love back!

June 12, 2018 / 4:44 pm

Thank you Monica dear.

23. June 12, 2018 / 5:14 pm

Happy, happy birthday gorgeous! Love your outlook- all things in good time, no need to rush!

June 13, 2018 / 11:05 am

Its all in good time indeed Ashley. Thanks much!

24. June 12, 2018 / 9:03 pm

As usual very interesting! Thanks a lot for sharing)

25. Gabrielle
    June 13, 2018 / 2:31 am

Oh, wishing you a very, VERY Happy Birthday! I truly hope this year brings you everything you could hope for 🙂 Your outfit for church is beautifully classic and you wear it so well!

aglassofice.com x

June 13, 2018 / 11:06 am

Amen and thanks ever so much. 🙂

June 13, 2018 / 10:08 pm

I did Courtney. 🙂 Thanks much!

26. June 13, 2018 / 4:44 pm

Such a fab look dear! Love your skirt, sooo breezy and flowy. Belated Happy Birthday!

Jessica | notjessfashion.com

June 13, 2018 / 10:07 pm

Good to hear that Jessica. Thanks much!

27. June 13, 2018 / 5:17 pm

You look marvellous, meine Schwester. There is no timeline on happiness, it comes to us in different ways and different times. People can be quite intrusive at times, I definitely know some who are nosy and put pressure on me as well. Happy Birthday, and wishing you all your desires and blessings beyond blessings.
    Ales LIebe von Madison x
    FASHION TALES

June 13, 2018 / 10:13 pm

Thanks much my sister! You’re so right and couldn’t agree more. They better back off and leave us alone. Ha!!
      Amen and amen!! Appreciate ya very much. 🙂

June 13, 2018 / 10:08 pm

Thanks much Eva! 🙂

June 14, 2018 / 12:32 am

Thanks much Gallech. 🙂

28. June 14, 2018 / 9:54 pm

You are really rocking this look. And you are pushing boundaries in ways that are admirable and not the opposite. I’m sorry about external pressures that makes you feel confused, and perhaps vulnerable. It is real and it is dangerous. Do not succumb to it as you know much better.
    You look fabulous, you are brave. And no one can take that away from you.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Elle

June 14, 2018 / 11:35 pm

Thanks so much Elle dear. Appreciate the advice and sure won’t succumb to it. No one can’t indeed Elle.

29. June 15, 2018 / 4:12 pm

Yeeeees. Birthdays are no longer my favorite. So much pressure to have fun. I just want to have fun because life not because it’s a birthday! Hope yours is/was fabulous though and throw all the questions away! <3 Jamie

June 15, 2018 / 11:50 pm

Ha!! I get you Jamie and you got a point there. Mine was lovely. Done thrown them away!
      Thanks very much. 🙂

30. June 22, 2018 / 10:12 pm

I know, birthdays can be so stressful! The pressure is really on these days, isn’t it? I’m sure that in the past people felt pressured too, but today with the fast pace of life and social media, it can all get out of control. People’s comments can be both hurtful and annoying, even when they come from a good place, and let’s be honest, they don’t always come from a good place…as if society pressure wasn’t enough. But fortunately, the older we get, the more we learn to rely on ourselves…and not caring as much about other people’s opinions is one of the perks of blowing yet another birthday candle.

You do look spectacular…love this feminine styling. Great heels! Happy belated birthday.

June 22, 2018 / 10:32 pm

Tell me about it Ivana. God’s time is the best so I’m not bothered about outsiders.
      Thanks soooo much for the contribution and compliment. Appreciated!