A COMFY-CHIC OUTFIT FOR GIRL’S NIGHT OUT AND LIFE UPDATE…

chic sunglasses Hello from Germany!

Summer is for travelling and I plan on doing a few of those even though my bank account is screaming for help right now. Ha!! A bit of life update, -last two weeks I spontaneously resigned from my job due to some changes that my soul wasn’t happy with. Working in the education sector (especially in the special educational needs sector) can be very tricky and one has to be very careful when it comes to safeguarding. Following the unfortunate incident I went through last year, I’ve really advised myself not to put myself in a situation where I’m not comfortable at. Due to confidentiality I can’t write here what happened word to word, but what I know is that, I’ve worked hard to get to where I am now. -And I don’t want to be put in a situation where a mistake is bound to happen for me to lose my teaching license. Some of these schools do things that benefits them without thinking about how a staff feels about it and that is basically what happened in my situation. So yeahhhh…pray/wish me luck while I search for a new suitable job that will make my bank account start smiling again.

Once again hello from Frankfurt! I’m here for a week to relax and forget about the jobless stress I’m in right now. This is my second time in Frankfurt and I fall in love every time. It is a beautiful city with so much life. Have you visited before?

Today’s #ootd is another comfy-chic summer look that I styled for a girl’s night out. I am all about tee shirts right now. They are so comfortable and casual, but can definitely be jazzed up to look chic too. When creating a comfy-chic outfit, my focus is always on the accessories. The clothes can be slouchy/oversized, but adding statement elements like what I’ve done here with the added belt, sunglasses, bag and of course the shoes adds the chic to the comfy. Ha!!
comfy-chic outfitcomfy-chic outfitsred heelsSo what’s good at your end? How’s your summer going?

Hope the week is treating you well and lets connect onΒ INSTAGRAMΒ andΒ TWITTER.

1. June 20, 2018 / 11:24 pm

Thank you so much Missy!! πŸ™‚ I’m so happy that you liked my outift! πŸ˜€ The vintage styled bomber jacket is also a very special garnment to me! hehe. I also like your sunnies, they’re so cool! and red really suits you πŸ˜‰ Happy day! Kss

β™₯ β˜… β™₯ GINGER COLLAGE β™₯ β˜… β™₯

June 21, 2018 / 8:43 am

Most welcome beauty! πŸ™‚ Wonderful! Thank you very much. Happy day! πŸ™‚

2. June 21, 2018 / 12:34 am

Quitting your job is a very bold step and I am very proud of you. No one should settle for anything that doesn’t make them feel good about themselves. I wish you all the best, May. And I hope you find something new to do soon. Something you love that will make you more money too.
    By the way, those are some gorgeous pair of shoes. You look absolutely beautiful.

June 21, 2018 / 8:44 am

You’re very right about this. Amen to finding something suitable soon. Thanks ever so much. πŸ™‚

3. June 21, 2018 / 3:30 am

You might be jobless for now, but if having a job means you have to feel stressed, then it’s not worth it. I love that skirt and the whole outfit. God got you, sis! Much love.

June 21, 2018 / 8:39 am

You’ve a good point there sis. Thanks ever so much and yes, God got me indeed. Much love and appreciate ya sis.

4. June 21, 2018 / 4:42 am

You will pull through just trust in God and the process your going through. Once you stand for what you believe in you never know what will happen. Just keep praying and trusting in God, A job will come sooner than you think
    mssparkleandglow.com

June 21, 2018 / 8:40 am

Amen Kerona! I sure will do that. I really do appreciate the encouragement.
      Thanks ever so much.

5. June 21, 2018 / 7:18 am

Congratulations on and good luck to your new job, carina! There always is a good reason why things happen. Hope you enjoyed your girls’ night, and you look so stunning!

Marie
    The Flower Duet

June 21, 2018 / 8:41 am

There’s always a good reason indeed Marie. Thanks ever so much and yes the night out was lovely. Appreciated!

6. June 21, 2018 / 9:31 am

I really agree with you that we should not put ourselves in a situation that we’re not comfortable with. Not because we don’t want challenge, but sometimes it will hurt ourselves evenmore.
    Love your outfit anyway, sexy yet still so cool <3

xoxo,
    |CHELSHEAFLO|

June 21, 2018 / 12:25 pm

Good to hear that you agree Chelshea. It will indeed and ain’t no fun in that.
      Thanks ever so much. πŸ™‚

June 21, 2018 / 12:24 pm

Thank you Marzia. πŸ™‚

June 22, 2018 / 12:21 am

Good to hear that Kathrine. Thanks ever so much. Appreciated!

June 21, 2018 / 1:53 pm

Sending you tons of prayers to find a job that you will love and enjoy. How smart you are to get out of a situation that could be bad!!
    And how wonderful to be able to travel–even if it’s on a budget!!
    PS…I’m absolutely loving those shoes!! Wowza!!

June 22, 2018 / 12:26 am

Thanks ever so much Jodie. We gotta do what we gotta do sometimes.
      Exactly! Thank God for His provision and grace.
      Appreciated! πŸ™‚

June 22, 2018 / 12:20 am

Good to hear that Nikoline. Thanks much! πŸ™‚

June 22, 2018 / 12:20 am

Good to hear that Francesca. Awesome! Thanks much!
      Appreciated!

8. districtofchic1
    June 21, 2018 / 3:00 pm

I love how you styled the casual tee with the red accessories!

District of Chic

June 22, 2018 / 12:19 am

Good to hear that Didier. Thanks much!

9. jenniferpickering22gmailcom
    June 21, 2018 / 3:12 pm

You look fabulous!! I hope everything goes well with your job hunt or whatever you plan on doing!! My uncle was a teacher and he thinks the school systems are corrupt!

Jennifer
    Effortlessly Sophisticated

June 22, 2018 / 12:22 am

Thanks much Jennifer! Appreciated much and your uncle is so right.

10. June 21, 2018 / 3:45 pm

You are so brave, lady- I have no doubt you’re going to land on your feet!

These shoes are so dope- love that cut + color!

June 22, 2018 / 12:18 am

Thanks much beautiful and amen to landing on my feet.
      Couldn’t agree more with you. πŸ™‚

June 22, 2018 / 12:17 am

Thanks much Jelena and good to hear that. πŸ™‚

11. June 21, 2018 / 7:54 pm

Hang in there, it will get better! I gave up my job six months ago as a Nursery Nurse 0-5 years old. I’m now doing part time work and studying AAT (Accounts). I totally understand about SAFEGUARDING!!! Arhhhhh. When It starts getting crazy, with the paperwork and extra eyes, then it’s time to gooooo. I love your shoes, skirt, and glasses. I agree about turning a casual outfit into something more, with the right accessories. Hang tight Missy May : ) xo

June 22, 2018 / 12:29 am

Yes Juanita, it will get better for sure by the grace of God. We gotta do what we gotta do sometimes. All the best in the new job and the studies. I know right!?
      Thanks ever soooo much beautiful. Hanging on! πŸ™‚

12. Carrie at Curly Crafty Mom
    June 21, 2018 / 8:13 pm

You are looking H-O-T in this summer outfit. I love the bold colors and those SHOES!! I am so sorry about your job, but I think you made the best move for you and your future!

June 22, 2018 / 12:16 am

Thanks much Carrie and good to hear that. Awesome! πŸ™‚

13. June 21, 2018 / 9:29 pm

Thanks a lot for the interesting post) Have a nice weekend)

14. June 21, 2018 / 11:19 pm

Oh wow, yeah my friend recently left a job after only 2 months b/c of unethical billing practices (it as health care co and this is the U.S…) but sometimes that is what you have to do. Good luck!

I have traveled to Germany but not to Frankfort.

Allie of ALLIENYC

June 22, 2018 / 12:24 am

Oh wow! Indeed sometimes that’s what we gotta do. Thanks much Allie!
      Awesome!

15. jane
    June 22, 2018 / 3:03 am

Enjoy Germany babe!
    You look amazing and red suits you well.

Much Love,
    Jane | The Bandwagon Chic

June 22, 2018 / 3:32 pm

Thanks much babe! Much love! πŸ™‚

June 22, 2018 / 3:32 pm

Thanks much Courtney and couldn’t agree more.

June 22, 2018 / 4:35 am

I love how you paired the t-shirt with the elegant bright red skirt. I hope you find a job you love soon. Best of luck.

June 22, 2018 / 3:31 pm

Good to hear that Kathrin. Thanks much!

17. June 22, 2018 / 10:17 am

Hello miss
    I regret the situation of your job, soon you will get a much better one, I bet !!!
    As for your look, always very trendy and fashion, I loved it !!

marisasclosetblog.com

June 22, 2018 / 3:31 pm

Yeah rather unfortunate, but yes to a much better one.
      Thanks ever so much always Marisa.

June 22, 2018 / 3:29 pm

Thank you Ann. πŸ™‚

June 22, 2018 / 3:30 pm

Have a lovely weekend too Gemma. Thank you!

18. Gabrielle
    June 22, 2018 / 3:02 pm

I’m sorry to hear about your job situation, although quitting your previous role definitely sounds like the right decision going by the subject you’ve touched on in this post! You look lovely in this casual outfit, by the way πŸ™‚

aglassofice.com x

June 22, 2018 / 3:33 pm

Yeah it is rather unfortunate Gabrielle, but yep, it was the right decision. Thank you πŸ™‚

19. June 22, 2018 / 4:07 pm

Good for you for taking a step in the right direction for you, even if the unknown is probably a bit unnerving. I don’t know what the school system is like over there, but as a mama, I’ve just been in awe sometimes at how the administration has refused to empower our teachers sometimes to handle situations with behavior impacting the other kids…or the teachers! My kiddos come home telling me stories of kids hitting teachers, and I ask what happened to the kids, and they say the policy is just to send them to another teacher’s classroom. Wha??!!! I can only imagine the strength, poise, and unrealistic perfection expected to be an educator in today’s society.
    But on the plus side of this post, you are looking fierce! Those sunglasses and heels are gorgeous. πŸ™‚

AMY | LITTLE LUXE LOOKBOOK

June 22, 2018 / 10:40 pm

Education is so ridiculous now Amy. You can’t even discipline children without it being labelled as something else. Teachers are not respected most of the time and nothing is done about it. Smh!! If I should write the things I’ve experienced here, I wouldn’t finish at all. Ha!
      Really appreciate your valuable contribution. Thanks ever soooo much. πŸ™‚

20. June 22, 2018 / 4:43 pm

Absolutely loving the black and red combo here. You look amazing as always Mavis! πŸ˜€

June 22, 2018 / 10:30 pm

Aw thanks so much Alyce. πŸ™‚

21. June 22, 2018 / 5:43 pm

Beautiful outfit. Enjoy your rest until you get a better job.

June 23, 2018 / 11:51 am

Good to hear that. πŸ™‚ True that! Thank you πŸ™‚

22. June 22, 2018 / 9:53 pm

It is definitely true that some schools don’t stand by their teachers and that’s really unfortunate because teachers can’t do their job properly if they are not protected by the institutions they work in. I could tell you about some pretty ridiculous teacher job interviews I have had in the past, but it is still traumatic to think about them lol. The principals would ask me all kinds of inappropriate questions, everything apart from what they were supposed to ask….but I guess that’s life. I’m sure you’ll find something better, it is important to stand by what you believe in.

You look fantastic in this outfit…love the red heels. Black and red is always such a stunning combo. Enjoy your stay in Germany!

June 22, 2018 / 10:35 pm

So so true Ivana. It is ridiculous! Oh I’ve been to such interviews before. Ha!! Yes to standing by what we believe in.
      Thanks so very much and couldn’t agree more with those two colours. Will do! πŸ™‚

23. June 23, 2018 / 5:41 am

Bold & Beautiful. There’s another job coming soon. God takes care of his people!

June 23, 2018 / 11:50 am

Amen sis! You’re right about that. Thanks much!

24. June 23, 2018 / 5:45 am

I made a comment & its not here??

June 23, 2018 / 11:50 am

It is here sis. I just replied. πŸ™‚

25. June 23, 2018 / 6:33 am

Sometimes, things happen where it seems like we’re taking an L. However, it’s important that we don’t stay in that position and try to do whatever we can to move on and forward. Love your outfit! Sending you my best wishes!

Nancy β™₯ exquisitely.me

June 23, 2018 / 11:52 am

You’re so right Nancy and couldn’t agree more. Thanks ever so much. πŸ™‚

26. Fashionably Idu
    June 23, 2018 / 8:27 am

So sorry about the job situation. I remember the issues from last year. Well I’m sure you did what is best if for you. Enjoy your vacay and when you return your next amazing job will be waiting. I adore that red skirt!!!

June 23, 2018 / 11:53 am

Thanks much sis and amen to an amazing job waiting. Appreciated!

June 23, 2018 / 11:53 am

Thank you Cris and pray/hope so too. πŸ™‚

June 24, 2018 / 3:41 pm

Good to hear that Dominique. Thank you doll! πŸ™‚

27. Emily
    June 23, 2018 / 1:21 pm

I’m so sorry about the situation you’ve found yourself in but I’ve no doubt it will all work out for the best! You were clearly unhappy and you’ve definitely don’t the right thing in removing yourself what could turn out to be a toxic environment. For now, sit back and take the time to give yourself a well deserved break! Have a fabulous time!

Musings & More

June 24, 2018 / 3:42 pm

Thanks ever so much Emily.

28. June 23, 2018 / 9:21 pm

Dear Missy May, it speaks absolutely in your favour again what you did and I’m convinced you’ll have a new good job very soon! Cool look I see you enjoy Frankfurt πŸ™‚
    xx Rena

June 24, 2018 / 3:43 pm

Thanks so much Rena and I’m sure too. Appreciated! πŸ™‚

29. Georgia
    June 24, 2018 / 7:45 pm

Yes girl! Quitting your job is so brave, but when you know it’s right for you, it’s always the right choice to make. I also absolutely adore this look on you, red and black is such a sophisticated combination – I particularly adore the shoes!

//teandtwosugars.blogspot.com xx

June 26, 2018 / 9:59 pm

It was brave indeed and true to what you said. When you know it is right, you’ll know.
      Good to hear that. Thanks ever so much. πŸ™‚

30. June 24, 2018 / 8:04 pm

I hope you find a teaching position that is exactly what you wish for. A healthy work environment is so important. p.s. you look so gorgeous
    Dora

June 26, 2018 / 9:51 pm

Couldn’t agree more Dora. I hope so too. Thanks so much.

31. June 24, 2018 / 10:16 pm

I pray you find a new job soon, i know a lot about safeguarding because i work a lot with social workers, safeguarding is a fucking nightmare.
    You look great. I love your shes and skirt.

June 26, 2018 / 9:55 pm

Thanks much Sophie! It is indeed! Appreciated and good to hear that.

32. June 24, 2018 / 11:08 pm

Love this outfit on you girly! Looks perfect to wear to the office and then wear out for a night out afterwards!! Love how comfy and cute this looks!

xo,

H

June 26, 2018 / 9:50 pm

Thanks ever so much Hillory. Good to hear that. πŸ™‚

June 26, 2018 / 9:50 pm

Thanks ever so much Radi. Appreciated!

June 26, 2018 / 9:49 pm

Thanks much Quinn. πŸ™‚

June 26, 2018 / 9:47 pm

Good to hear that Freja. Thanks ever so much.

33. June 25, 2018 / 1:04 pm

Love the tee with the bright skirt! Hope you are having a fun and relaxing time in Germany. I’m sorry to read you had some issues with your job, but I’m sure you will find something better soon! πŸ™‚
    Good luck with the job hunt!

Away From The Blue Blog

June 26, 2018 / 9:52 pm

Good to hear that beautiful. I had a great time in Germany. Yes to finding a better job soon. Thanks ever so much. πŸ™‚

June 26, 2018 / 9:46 pm

Indeed Didier! Thank you very much.

June 26, 2018 / 9:45 pm

Thank you guys. Much love! πŸ™‚

34. June 25, 2018 / 10:23 pm

Missy you will overcome this bump in the road, and I’m sure you will find something that will suit you better. I’m totally with you on a comfortable fit. I love your color combination and how you styled your comfy look! Have a great time, and enjoy every moment on your trip!

xx,
    Tania

June 26, 2018 / 9:54 pm

I sure will Tania and I pray I do find a better one. Good to hear that. Thanks so much. I had a great time. πŸ™‚

35. June 26, 2018 / 1:06 am

I’m so sorry to hear about your situation…but I do hope you find a better job soon! Also this outfit is so pretty! I love the heels!

June 26, 2018 / 9:45 pm

Thanks ever so much Valerie.

June 26, 2018 / 9:44 pm

Good to hear that Sophie. Thanks much!

36. June 26, 2018 / 6:34 pm

Hey may, it’s always the best combination when you feel COMFY and CLASSY in a look.
    Amazing look, so eyecatchy and perfect for summer.

take a look at my Blog and my Instgram

June 26, 2018 / 9:44 pm

You’re so right Amely dear. Thanks ever so much. πŸ™‚

37. June 27, 2018 / 11:48 am

Don’t worry girl, you were brave leaving a job that didn’t fit you and I bet that in no time you’ll find your way! You are strong and though!
    Love your outfit, a very good compromise of coolness and sexy!
    XO
    S

June 27, 2018 / 10:21 pm

Thanks ever so much for your words of encouragement. Appreciated and good to hear that. Thank you πŸ™‚

June 27, 2018 / 10:14 pm

Thanks ever so much Jyoti dear. πŸ™‚

38. June 27, 2018 / 2:08 pm

Love this outfit! The bright colours of the shoes and accessories is my favourite.

Have a great week!
    Amy; Wandering Everywhere

June 27, 2018 / 10:15 pm

Good to hear that Amy and thanks much. Have a blessed week too.

39. June 27, 2018 / 3:07 pm

This is such a chic look dear! I love the shoes, great color combo, the reds really pop from the black tee!

June 27, 2018 / 10:16 pm

Good to hear that Jessica. Thanks ever so much.

40. June 27, 2018 / 4:04 pm

I feel that if you felt in your soul that the job wasn’t right for you, moving on was the wisest thing to do.

God has plans for you so pray into that, and he’s with you whenever you are feeling lost and knows the pathways for you which will set you straight. Praying the right job role comes your way my lovely.

Stay positive, I know it’s hard.

Your outfit is gorgeous and love the little red bag, a great size too!

Laura xo

June 27, 2018 / 10:23 pm

Oh Laura, thanks ever so much. Your words have lit a good feeling in me and I do really appreciate that. Amen and praying daily. I know God will make a way soon.
      Good to hear that. Thanks so much. πŸ™‚

41. June 28, 2018 / 2:36 pm

I’m so proud of you for following your heart and making the right decision for you beautiful babe! I just know the right opportunity is out there waiting for you, happiness is the very least you deserve and I have every faith it’ll all work out gorgeous. I admire you so much for doing what is right for your soul, I’ve left many an unhappy job in my time and the relief I’ve felt afterwards was overwhelming beyond belief. You are an absolute star and I know you’ll continue to dazzle and shine in whatever path you chose next <3

Looking absolutely stunning and oh so stylish as always, the pops of red on you are pure paradise *all the heart eyes*. I love how you've styled the tee, such a cool, on-point vibe for your girl's night out πŸ˜€ I hope you enjoy Frankfurt to the fullest, it definitely sounds like you deserve a well needed break and switch off. Have the best time ever beaut! <3

Sophie | soinspo xo

June 28, 2018 / 10:56 pm

Oh Sophie, love ya girlll!! You make my day always with your feedbacks and this is no different. Really appreciate the good vibes with your comment. Very encouraging and motivating. I have faith that everything will work out for good by the grace of God.
      Good to hear that you love the outfit. Thanks ever sooooo much. I’m back from Frankfurt now. It was a wonderful trip. Appreciated!
      Have a lovely weekend ahead beautiful. πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

42. July 1, 2018 / 4:25 am

Mavis – I am so proud of you! You found yourself in a detrimental situation and promptly removed yourself from it. Staying would have been unhealthy and as you said could have resulted in you losing your teaching license. You did the right thing and now you are de-stressing in Frankfurt. Hope your time away gets you the relaxation you deserve and puts you in a new state of mind to go find that next opportunity. You are smart and I am certain you will find gainful employment again. Love your fashion in this post. Red is your color! I especially love your heels!

July 1, 2018 / 5:41 pm

Thanks so much my beautiful Lizzy and good to hear that. I’m back from Frankfurt now. I had a great and relaxing time.
      Appreciated much!

43. Mile High Dreamers
    July 8, 2018 / 9:49 pm

I adore the pops of color in this outfit! And we’re dying to travel more too haha. But that darn bank account! Fingers crossed for you to find somewhere that your hard work and talent is appreciated. I know that it can be really tricky for us working in education these days, so I’m thinking about you and pulling for you!

Susie | http://milehighdreamers.com

July 8, 2018 / 11:05 pm

Good to hear that Susie. Oh that’s a bummer with the account innit? Lol!! Yes fingers crossed and I know I’m going to find something.
      Thanks ever so much. Appreciate this! πŸ™‚

44. nobasisinreality
    July 11, 2018 / 4:19 am

Where are the earrings from?! I’m obsessed!

xx,
    Meredith
    LATEST POST | INSTAGRAM

July 11, 2018 / 11:58 pm

Aww….It is very old Meredith. Thank you! πŸ™‚

July 12, 2018 / 12:11 pm

Thanks ever so much beautiful. I’m well by the grace of God and hope you too. πŸ™‚