IS IT TIME TO CHANGE YOUR ATTITUDE TO FASHION?…

Fashion*Pic Credit: here*

When it comes to fashion, we definitely all seem to get our minds into very repetitive patterns. We all have our own personal styles and tastes in clothing, so it’s easy to find yourself buying the same kinds of things over and over again. However, you will often realize that things need to change. Because whatever has worked for you in the past isn’t always going to continue working for you in the future. And this means that you have to be adaptable. Right now, it’s the best time for you to work on that. Whether you’re looking to shop for a holiday wardrobe or you just want to feel your best during the summer months, it’s a great time to try and switch things up. So let’s consider five ways that you can do that.

Switching Up Your Style: First of all, you’re definitely going to want to think about switching up your style. If you have always dressed in the same way, then there’s no time like the present to really change things up and go for something new. But the question is often, what should you change to? And this isn’t something that you’ll be able to work out overnight. You will need to seek out inspiration and really uncover what kind of clothing appeal to you most right now. Then you can start to buy bits based on what is going to work for your tastes as they change.off the shoulder tops

Embracing New Fabrics: From here, you’re then going to want to think about embracing new fabrics that could suit your lifestyle a little more. Maybe you want to go for silk shirts that will be comfortable? Or maybe you want wool slippers with a heel that are a pleasure to wear? Or maybe you just want to invest in fabrics that will last? Either way, test out new materials to see what’s going to work.

Investing, Not Collecting: If you’re someone that has tended to just pick up lots of new clothes willy nilly, you might like to change this and fast. Because it you may be wasting your money on things that you’re just going to throw away. Instead, when you buy investment pieces, you’re not only reducing waste, but you’re making sure that you find pieces that will last.

Focusing On Function: From here, you’re then going to want to ensure that you’re thinking about the function of the clothing in question. This is something that we all tend to gravitate towards as we age. Because you often want clothing that will be comfortable, warm, and just generally a better quality. So think about what you need the items for, and you should be able to find pieces that work perfectly.

Taking Care Of Your Clothes: Finally, you then have to think about how you can take better care of your clothes. Are you storing them correctly and washing them well? If not, it’s time to change. Also be sure to do your dry cleaning regularly and get items repaired so that you can keep them in the best possible condition.

*DISCLAIMER: *This is a collaborative article and it might have some affiliate links.*

Have a blessed week and feel free to connect with me on INSTAGRAM and TWITTER.

May 29, 2018 / 10:39 pm

Good to hear that Kathrine. Thanks much and my pleasure.

May 29, 2018 / 3:27 pm

This is such a great post, Missy!! I always say I’m evolving, and I think it’s important we don’t get stuck in a rut!!

May 29, 2018 / 10:36 pm

Thanks much Jodie and couldn’t agree more. 🙂

2. May 29, 2018 / 4:11 pm

Investing not collecting is something I’m trying to do more of! It’s just so hard not getting sucked into fast fashion! Love this post hun xx

May 29, 2018 / 10:36 pm

Good to hear that Dominique. Thanks much for sharing hun.

3. Gabrielle
    May 29, 2018 / 6:15 pm

You’ve listed some truly brilliant points in this post, especially investing rather than simply collecting – classic pieces that will serve us well in the long run and have serious longevity make total sense! 🙂 Hope you’re having a great week so far!

aglassofice.com x

May 29, 2018 / 10:49 pm

Thanks ever so much Gabrielle. The week is going okay and hope yours too.

4. May 29, 2018 / 7:36 pm

Great post! “Investing not collecting willy nilly” is what many of us do and I was guilty of it too. Thankfully I started investing in myself back in 2009 and only buy what I love. Shooze has always been my jam and always will, but high heels are not comfortable anymore so, the switch is on. Enjoy your Summer Sis. . .

May 29, 2018 / 10:45 pm

Thank you sis!! Good to hear that and definitely agree with you on high heels not being comfortable. Ha!!
      Enjoy your summer too sis.

5. May 29, 2018 / 7:57 pm

Great post, my beautiful Mavis! I am definitely a creature of habit, so it’s hard to get out of my comfort zone. However, you make great points about switching up your style and ways to go about doing it. Over the weekend, I did some shopping and bought a maxi skirt for the first time. Never thought this style would look right on my short frame, but this one fit so perfectly. So, perhaps my fashion mind is opening up just a little. 😉 Happy new week, my friend! 🙂

PS: That red skirt fits you like a glove! You look sexy and gorgeous!

May 29, 2018 / 10:53 pm

Thanks ever so much beautiful Lizzy. I can relate with it being hard to get out of the comfort zone, but gradually changing. Wonderful and hope you’ll style it soon. Its all about the perfect fit. Good to hear that. Appreciate ya and have a blessed week. 🙂

May 29, 2018 / 10:40 pm

Good to hear that Rena. Thank you for sharing. 🙂

6. May 29, 2018 / 10:27 pm

You make some really great points sis. I totally agree about investing in quality pieces and taking care of ones clothes as to reduce ones carbon footprint. We need to think about the environment and the impact of waste. The red and black outfit you have on looks fabulous. Such classic pieces that will stay in style for years to come.

Xx
    Nikki

May 29, 2018 / 10:48 pm

Good to hear that you agree with this post sis. Thanks ever so much. 🙂

7. May 30, 2018 / 1:41 am

Embracing new fabrics in one’s wardrobe is an interesting idea.
    I LOVE the embroidered black blouse and the red ruffle hemmed bodycon skirt you were rocking in the photo above – it’s a beautiful outfit, and you look very attractive wearing it.

May 30, 2018 / 10:35 am

It is indeed. Ha!! Thanks ever so much. Appreciate your comment always.

8. May 30, 2018 / 9:47 am

I’m definitely a collector and not an investor which really needs to change – I have SO many items of clothing just because I’ll buy something on trend, wear it a few times and then just leave it in my wardrobe. I think my biggest issue is finding a way to adapt all sorts of clothes into all sorts of looks and seasons! Maybe a bit of DIY on my sewing machine would help this… great post that got me thinking about my spending habits!
    Alice Xx

May 30, 2018 / 10:59 am

I used to be like that too, but gradually changing that habit. Mine isn’t necessarily trends, but when I find something I like I just buy it. Buy em in different colours too. Lol!! Oh yes to DIY! If I could sew, I would totally do that.
      Thanks much for the contribution Alice. 🙂

9. May 30, 2018 / 10:21 am

Great tips and ideas, I totally agree with ‘Investing not collecting’!!
    Have a lovely day 🙂
    Rosanna x

May 30, 2018 / 10:33 am

Thank you Rosanna and have a lovely day too. 🙂

10. May 30, 2018 / 11:37 am

These are all great points, love! It’s so important to reevaluate your style from time to time – and to take care of your clothes. I need to get better about that. Love that red skirt!

xx http://www.qustomquinns.com/blog

May 30, 2018 / 11:53 am

Thanks much Quinn!! I need to get better there too. Appreciate the contribution.

May 30, 2018 / 1:06 pm

It is indeed Yaramel and couldn’t agree more. Thanks for passing by. 🙂

May 30, 2018 / 10:22 pm

I think we all are guilty of that. Good to hear that Yuliya and couldn’t agree more. Thanks much for the contribution. 🙂

11. May 30, 2018 / 3:13 pm

Lately, I am beginning to wear more black blouses!

12. May 30, 2018 / 4:30 pm

that looks amazing

May 30, 2018 / 10:19 pm

Good to hear that Elise and thank you.

13. May 30, 2018 / 6:20 pm

I love this post and love tips like this – I agree that investing in key pieces is much better as you’ll have timeless pieces in your wardrobe for all occasions but at the same time, it’s nice to have a little look in stores and to shop around from time to time 🙂

Layla x

May 30, 2018 / 10:25 pm

Good to hear that Layla and couldn’t agree more. Thanks much for the contribution. 🙂

May 30, 2018 / 10:18 pm

Thank you and good to hear that.

May 30, 2018 / 10:20 pm

Thanks much Hillory and good to hear that. 🙂

14. Tiffany
    May 30, 2018 / 7:34 pm

Great tips sis! I agree switching your style does not happen overnight but it is worth it! Thanks for sharing. You look absolutely beautiful

Tiff

May 30, 2018 / 10:17 pm

It is worth it indeed and thanks for the contribution. Appreciate the contribution.

15. May 30, 2018 / 8:04 pm

As usual very interesting post! Thanks a lot for sharing)

May 31, 2018 / 9:17 pm

Thank you Tasfia. 🙂

16. May 31, 2018 / 10:09 am

These tips are so brilliant and I totally agree that it’s important to be open to trying new styles too! Loving your skirt – that bright red colour is stunning!!

Heather xoxo

May 31, 2018 / 9:24 pm

Thanks much Heather and good to hear that you agree. Appreciated! 🙂

May 31, 2018 / 9:18 pm

Good to hear that Lorna and thank you for sharing.

17. May 31, 2018 / 3:10 pm

Changing up a little bit is always good! What we love to do is remake old pieces of clothes and fabrics and transform them into new and fresh pieces 😀
    With love,
    xx

Patricia & Miguel

May 31, 2018 / 9:21 pm

It is indeed!! Oh that is very good and surely saves the earth. Ha!! Thanks for sharing. 🙂

18. May 31, 2018 / 4:04 pm

Thank you for these amazing tips. I completely agree with you on the investing, not collecting part. I am trying to save up for clothes and only buy pieces that I really love instead of “random” pieces that I just like!

May 31, 2018 / 9:21 pm

My pleasure Freja! Good to hear that you agree. That’s a good thing to do for sure. Thanks much for sharing.

19. districtofchic1
    May 31, 2018 / 7:47 pm

Completely agree with all of these – especially investing, not collecting and taking care of your clothes!

District of Chic

May 31, 2018 / 9:15 pm

Good to hear that you agree. Thanks for the contribution.

May 31, 2018 / 9:31 pm

I think these are all great ways to make a good lasting wardrobe. Taking care of your clothes is especially important since if they’re well taken care of, they can be donated even if you no longer need the item in question.

May 31, 2018 / 11:58 pm

Good to hear that and totally agree with you. Thanks much for the contribution.

21. Eniwhere Fashion
    May 31, 2018 / 10:12 pm

I totally agree with you my dear. Really nice post and perfect outfit of the day!!!!
    Don’t miss my latest post, now on my blog! Kisses from Italy and thank you for your visit,
    Eni

Eniwhere Fashion
    How to wear a polka dot’s shirt

May 31, 2018 / 11:58 pm

Wonderful! Thank you Eni and will visit your post asap. 🙂

22. June 1, 2018 / 1:10 pm

First of all, you look absolutely gorgeous! love this skirt and blouse combo, makes for such a feminine and ladylike outfit. The heels are the perfect finishing touch to this dress up look. Your hairdo is amazing as well.

Secondly, I love your attitude to fashion. Exploring and trying out different styles and fabrics is a great way to see what works for us. Moreover, it is so important to take care of clothes!

Those Glerups wool shoes seem so comfy!

June 1, 2018 / 11:04 pm

I really do appreciate your comments. Thanks ever so much.
      Good to hear that. It is indeed!
      I know right? Ha!!
      Thanks once again.

23. June 2, 2018 / 6:57 pm

I agree that there is always a need to switch our personal style up every now and then and investment pieces are always a great idea especially as we get older. Great outfit; you look amazing.

June 2, 2018 / 10:55 pm

Good to hear that you agree Beauty. Truth! Thanks much for the contribution. Appreciated! 🙂

24. June 5, 2018 / 3:51 pm

The blue outfits on the feature image here caught my eye. I totally agree it’s important and fun to switch up your style! Embrace colour, pattern, textures and most of all have fun with fashion, after all that’s the purpose of style.

Laura xo

June 6, 2018 / 12:04 am

That is the purpose of style indeed Laura. Couldn’t agree more. Good to hear that the image caught your attention. Thanks ever so much. 🙂