STEPPING OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE…

I’ve been trying to step out of my comfort zone when it comes to styling of late. -Its been a long time coming!

Once upon a time, there was a girl called Mavis. She was so insecure with herself that being tomboy was the only way to express herself. Not that she hated female things, but it wasn’t her comfort zone. Out of being a girl with meat on her body and being a tomboy, she got the nickname Missy in school (like Missy Elliot). I wasn’t even mad at that at all because I was a huge fan of her. If anything I was humbled and honoured really.

The struggle of accepting one’s body after giving birth is a battle. I’m probably still a work in progress but, not where I used to be which my mind is probably thankful for.

When it comes to fashion and styling, I’m very conservative in my choices, but one might say a bit sexy too. -And that is because I’m a curvy woman. Curves can not be hidden. Lol!!

This ootd is me out of my zone a bit because you wouldn’t catch me with my midriff showing back in the days or months ago. If you squint real hard you can even see the tiger stripes (a.k.a stretch marks) on my tummy. Love it but, working on that tummy to flatten out a bit is hard. I love my heavy food. Ha!!

The sweat top and pants are from Primark. I got the laced up ankle boots years ago in TK Maxx and bomber jacket from New Look.

Where are you with self love?

Lets Connect down low!

INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN

1. December 7, 2017 / 6:45 pm

Beautifully written post! I think it is always important to embrace changes and to try new things! I love those lace up booties and the color of them! You look great!

2. December 7, 2017 / 8:57 pm

I can totally relate, Missy!! How is it that we can't love ourselves for the longest time. I think that's the good thing about getting older—I finally realize that it is important!!

3. December 7, 2017 / 8:57 pm

Missy, you are so fabulous and you are totally rocking this cropped top and bomber jacket! I love those booties, too! And as far as curves, who wants to hide them anyway? They are sexy! That amazing body grew and birthed a human being…there is no shame in that – only sexy gorgeous life-giving beauty! Rock on, gorgeous girl!

Shelbee

4. December 7, 2017 / 10:31 pm

Congrats on the new blog goals and the confidence to step out of your fashion comfort zone. I usually stay in my comfort zone, but every now and then I see a trend that I love — that I wouldn't really say is my style — and that I have to try. But that's the beauty of fashion…it's all gray areas with room for curves. 🙂

5. December 8, 2017 / 9:17 am

Wel written doll, it's always important to try changes in our life!
    Cool casual look, beautiful shoes!
    Kisses, Paola.

Expressyourself

6. December 8, 2017 / 3:07 pm

Hon, this looks rocks! i love the Missy Eliot name, beleive me, i was nicknamed, Abby short for Kareem Abdul Jabbar ( because of my height) back in middle school! Your olive jacket is gorgeous with this look and those shoes are hot!
    Have a great weekend!
    jess xx

7. December 8, 2017 / 4:36 pm

Yeah, always be yourself and while you can have insecurities, do not let them control you. You are rocking that outfit!

8. December 9, 2017 / 3:56 pm

I think it's important to remember that learning to be comfortable with you own style and yourself is a journey! It;s definitely an ongoing process that happens over time and it sounds like you're definitely well on your way!!

Slaying this look, loving the khaki vibes!

Sinéad xo Fabuleuse Du Jour

9. December 12, 2017 / 9:51 pm

Yeah girl!! Free the belly! Curves cannot – and should not – be hidden. It's easy to get caught up in thinking we have to look "perfect," but lately I just want to look like me, have fun, and try new things. I'm so much better about self love than I used to be. It's a process I think.

XO, Kate